Nasty Honda Civic Crash at the Nürburgring from yesterday

Mook

I hate that right turn and as you say the correct way is to keep your foot in but i reduce speed well before the brow of the hill.

I fear for the guy in the car as those civics are pre airbags (well the ones i have been in never had one) and no doubt he wouldn't have had a helmet on either. :(

To be honest we'll be riding around the mountains. Last time we did one lap for those that had never been round. If it's quiet, dry, wind in the right direction, etc I will but it's not the purpose of the trip .... and any way we've got Spa the day before for our on track kicks ;)

GT 86 from "Rent-Racecar", which charges €399 for half-a-day and 6 laps, €599 for a full day and 12 laps around the 'Ring, and also has four "All-inclusive RingPack" offerings ranging in prices from €139 for 1 lap to €949 for a full day of use of the GT 86.

There's also a disclaimer about accidents, which we assume the driver of the crashed GT 86 read carefully before climbing into the coupe's cockpit: "In case of an accident, the driver is liable for an insurance excess up to 6.000 EUR." <ouch>