London Hotel convenient for St Pancras and Wembley

theduisbergkid

Mrs D is off to the big smoke. Train down to St Pancras, gig at Wembley, on a Saturday. Hotels near Wembley all booked out. Can anyone suggest a half-decent but not megabucks expensive Hotel that two almost certainly sloshed women can safely find in the area between Wembley and St Pancras late on a Saturday ? Pref without getting hopelessly lost on the tube and/or a bit raped.

Suggestions required, please :)

If they want cheap and (not overly) cheerful then there's a Travelodge on Grays Inn Road which is < 5 mins from St. Pancras. There's other one about 10 minutes away on Kings Cross Road. The first one is less shitty than the second. That said I often use the first one if I've got an early train to Brussels from St. Pancras.

Heading in the opposite direction towards Euston there's a Novotel that's alright and a Hilton that's sh1t and expensive.

There's a hotel in the station itself, no idea what that's like but I think it's pretty expensive.

So they arrive via Kings Cross and have a gig at Wembley?

Is the intention to do the London Central shopping bit, or drink-gig- drink- pass out and home?

To the North of Wembley Central you have Harrow, so if the Hotel is needed near to Wembley then that area would do, if the girls want shopping and all that, then maybe Hotels in the Tourist zones of Oxford Circus, Bayswater, Knightbridge would be better?

Aster House homepage

So they arrive via Kings Cross and have a gig at Wembley?

Is the intention to do the London Central shopping bit, or drink-gig- drink- pass out and home?

To the North of Wembley Central you have Harrow, so if the Hotel is needed near to Wembley then that area would do, if the girls want shopping and all that, then maybe Hotels in the Tourist zones of Oxford Circus, Bayswater, Knightbridge would be better?

Aster House homepage

Ta. No, they're just going for the gig, so somewhere situated between the station and wembley is ideal. Pref not far from a tube station. Ta.

I travel through KC St P every day. For me, it's great seeing this stuff getting restored/ rebuilt. I love watching it evolve. There's a new building going up at the back and I saw all the foundations get dug up (you could probably fit a football stadium in there) and now it's getting filled in with what looks like a car park. All the while they're building the lift shaft 'spine' of two buildings to one side. On the other side is a clutch of Victorian Terrace houses looking worse for wear being propped up and preserved. I bet they are right in the way and developers wish they could knock them down, but it's great to have the new and old next to each other. They'll look great once it's all finished and they're probably tarted up.

/building love

I have a flat in the middle of being refurbed they can kip in if you get really desperate +++:P