iOS7

Arch

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol, what? Maybe he's actually interested in the new stuff? What's wrong with that?

If you are a developer, then fine, that's what it's for, but if you aren't, why would you bother? I don't get it?

I have an image of people sat at their computer just waiting for a thread like this to pop up so they can say 'oh, iOS7? I've been running it for months'.

But in their minds they are thinking, this'll make them all realise how important/privileged I am, they'll be so impressed.

Not saying that applies to anyone on here.

Edited by Tipex

If you are a developer, then fine, that's what it's for, but if you aren't, why would you bother? I don't get it?

I have an image of people sat at their computer just waiting for a thread like this to pop up so they can say 'oh, iOS7? I've been running it for months'.

But in their minds they are thinking, this'll make them all realise how important/privileged I am, they'll be so impressed.

Not saying that applies to anyone on here.

I think that's probably unfair on most. People into tech like new cool tech, I don't think it's that surprising really. Personally if I wanted to flash my tech e-peen I'd probably end up seriously fired :roflmao:

This is probably nearer the truth +++

Aye probably.

For me, I like my iPhone because (and I hate to use the old cliché) it just works.

So I wouldn't be interested in using any firmware that wasn't cleared for public release by Apple, because I trust them to make it work properly, if I wanted bugs and crashing, I'd have an Android phone!

There's no shortage of people selling activations, I've seen them on Twitter for about $6. There's apparently a way of getting iOS 7 without ahving your device registered, something to do with restoring to iOS 6, not activating it and then installing iOS 7. Not something I've bothered to look into but apparently it is possible.

I wouldn't pay for access to the beta, the general release isn't all that far off.

Re the camera and using filters, it can make a big difference to your shots. This is the same picture, taken on iPhone, but one has had a filter applied in the Camera+ app. [ATTACH]48724[/ATTACH][ATTACH]48725[/ATTACH]

I'm guessing the one with the filters is the one that looks over saturated and unnatural?

There's no shortage of people selling activations, I've seen them on Twitter for about $6. There's apparently a way of getting iOS 7 without ahving your device registered, something to do with restoring to iOS 6, not activating it and then installing iOS 7. Not something I've bothered to look into but apparently it is possible.

I wouldn't pay for access to the beta, the general release isn't all that far off.

Don't do this. Just don't. Apple has quite an aggressive team looking out for this type of thing - if a Dev account gets found with this sort of activity it gets blocked...and BOOM goes your phone...You can't (easily) downgrade either.

It's not worth it. If you're willing to pay then use the public dev accounts - they're only about 100US$/year I think, even less for iOS if memory serves.

Is it? I thought the stuff that controls my phone was firmware? That's what Apple call it anyway?

People are being twatty about terms :P They're using your tictacs against you young Jedi. Firmware is really the BootStrap code that starts the OS, and the OS is the software environment you and your apps use.

Apple call it Software or OS from a user's level - even if you look at the OS file names they're IPSW....iPhone Software.

They're used interchangeably really, even in the dev world, although you have to have some form of clarity when you're talking about pre-boot or DFU type stuff. Oh god, I just bored myself. Again. That's the fourth time this week.