Chris Harris: New Porsche 991 GT3. First Drive.

Andy_Bangle

Nice. I know he loves his Porsches but even so, I do like his reviews. Always amazed these motor journos find something they thought was rubbish about the outgoing model that they didn't mention when in raptures at driving that one for the first time.

I liked his commentary on the tyres.

The Dunlop SportMaxx ones fitted to my XKR were :dung:

As for the car - given most people swoon at the "driving experience" provided by say a 997.2 GT3 RS (car of the year for how many years EVO?), this must be mind-blowing...

Always amazed these motor journos find something they thought was rubbish about the outgoing model that they didn't mention when in raptures at driving that one for the first time.

Totally agree with this - I recall the reviews of the previous incarnation from him and his then colleagues at Evo and maybe I missed a paragraph out but I don't recall them saying there was an issue with the front end at all. I do remember then howling around racetracks saying how amazing it was though!

Totally agree with this - I recall the reviews of the previous incarnation from him and his then colleagues at Evo and maybe I missed a paragraph out but I don't recall them saying there was an issue with the front end at all. I do remember then howling around racetracks saying how amazing it was though!

His view at the time was that the wider front track and tyres of the .2 rs had dramatically improved the front end grip. He never said it was perfect though. I suppose this must just be better. Got to say I have never had a problem with front end grip, the car is a limpet. Besides all these flaws are minor and character building. This new car really isn't my bag .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I liked his commentary on the tyres.

The Dunlop SportMaxx ones fitted to my XKR were :dung:

As for the car - given most people swoon at the "driving experience" provided by say a 997.2 GT3 RS (car of the year for how many years EVO?), this must be mind-blowing...

Different tyres - these are 'semi-slick' Dunlop Sport Maxx race tyres.

However, 80% of cars will arrive on the new (much improved) Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres.

;)

Sidicks