Just had a vasectomy

drpellypo

If you disconnect your tubes, you keep producing 90+% of your testosterone.

Where did that number come from? OK 100% is still 90+% but everything I've seen says it's basically unaffected.:

e.g.

[h=2]Q. Will my levels of testosterone fall after my vasectomy?[/h]A. There is no evidence that vasectomy decreases testosterone levels or sex drive.

There's even : " It turns out that there is a tiny increase in testosterone level after a vasectomy."

I know so many people who have had it done in the time I've known them and not once have I found any difference in any of them ... or myself ... apart from the high pitched voice of course ;)

Where did that number come from? OK 100% is still 90+% but everything I've seen says it's basically unaffected.:

e.g.

[h=2]Q. Will my levels of testosterone fall after my vasectomy?[/h]A. There is no evidence that vasectomy decreases testosterone levels or sex drive.

There's even : " It turns out that there is a tiny increase in testosterone level after a vasectomy."

I know so many people who have had it done in the time I've known them and not once have I found any difference in any of them ... or myself ... apart from the high pitched voice of course ;)

Tipex was referring to having your bollox off - not yours, obviously :eek:

Crossed wires I think Scotty +++

If you disconnect your tubes (i.e. have a vasectomy), then you still keep producing the same amount of testosterone as before. If you remove your bollox, production stops, apart from the very small amount produced by your adrenal gland.

Tipex was referring to having your bollox off - not yours, obviously :eek:

Crossed wires I think Scotty +++

Crossed wires? Maybe but you said "If you disconnect your tubes, you keep producing 90+% of your testosterone."

I'm just throwing in that it's 100% darling ;)

Crossed wires? Maybe but you said "If you disconnect your tubes, you keep producing 90+% of your testosterone."

I'm just throwing in that it's 100% darling ;)

OK, lover, it's 100% - what I meant was that your bollox keep producing the same amount of testosterone.

Pedantic fecker :roflmao:

Why not? Is it not a good thing that people are prepared to talk about stuff like that openly?

Yes, it is +++

So in that spirit... I've been snipped, too. So obviously I'll now never want to do testosterone-laden activities like, oh, motorsport? :coffee:

Yes, it is +++

So in that spirit... I've been snipped, too. So obviously I'll now never want to do testosterone-laden activities like, oh, motorsport? :coffee:

How do you explain driving like a girl and crashing all the time then? :P

That's Mooks testosterone theory blown straight out of the water! :wink:

Actually, I do have a tale from the day of the op itself.

All the time up to the point where they start, at every consultation, they explain that if you have any questions then you are completely free to ask and that they don't mind explaining anything. It's very reassuring. I checked that there would be a good anaesthetic and was happy with that.

So, come the day, I'm lying there and my mind (helpful as it is) asks me "How are they going to get the anaesthetic in?". So the mouth opens under autopilot and I hear myself saying "Oh, just one question before you get going..."

There is the sound of medical instruments being withdrawn from their previous close proximity to my bits as people pull back and turn towards me.

Then I think about it for a brief moment. There's only one way they're going to get the anaesthetic in and it probably involves a needle. So I know the answer to the question, in fact. The new question in my mind is whether I want to hear them say that out loud just before they jab it in, or continue in blissful ignorance and trust them to do it carefully and not leave an imprint of me in the ceiling tiles. So I follow that up with:

"Errr, actually, no, don't worry"

Too late...

"No, it's ok, any questions you have, just ask."

"No, really, it's ok, go ahead."

"Honestly, we don't mind, we're more than happy to answer any questions at all. Anything."

"Ummm, nah, don't worry."

"No, really, we're quite happy to discuss it..."

etc etc back and forth for about 5 minutes until I admitted that I'd thought about it and decided that on balance I actually wanted not to know the answer and wanted them to go ahead.

So they did.

(Didn't feel a thing)

You got be at the peak of physical fitness to be a Caterham racing driver, just ask P :grin:

Oh, err, yeah. All of us in the paddock, perfect physical specimens. No middle-aged spread on any of us.

No. Absolutely not.

Get yourself an SV and track it, Tipex. Same difference +++

What's an SV? Is that a Caterham for fat people? They really just aren't my bag, I appreciate them for what they are, and would be happy to play with one, but it wouldn't be on my list as an ownership prospect.

In the races, do they ballast the lighter drivers so you all weigh the same, or are (as in Karting) the lighter drivers the fastest?