S6 Avant

Dave

and despite what they claim the fuel economy is shocking

You probably haven't been cruising on four cylinders much though since you picked it up?!  Well I certainly hope you haven't - I hope you've been driving down lots of narrow village streets in second with the windows down during this surprisingly mild October with the V8 bouncing off the brickwork......

:D

• Like 1

Yes, lol.. it does come up on the dash when it goes into 4 cylinder mode.. you can't hear or feel any difference.. there is an audi video on youtube that explains how it works.. it's clever!!

It is amazing to drive.. very neutral.. Audi have learnt a lot from the R8 program.. for the size of it there is very little understeer! 

Whats the ride like on the optional 20s?  The 19s do appear to have much fatter rubber.  However I imagine the air suspension is absolutely superb

Absolutely right.. it's great to be back on air suspension.. we first had it on the Q7 and nothing is a quiet and comfortable..

The S6 also has this noise cancellation technology that works but sending out anti-noise from the stereo.. it works amazingly well!

This isn't a track car (although it would surprise a few cars), but it is like a Bentley in comfort.. I really am over the moon with it, (and don't get me wrong here) I'm 100% sure it's the right choice over the RS6.. they are almost too extreme

I'm looking for a bit of pace but mainly comfort.. and the S6 gives that in spades.