Changing Spec Of New Car

Cyprio

Guy's

I placed an order last week for a new S4 and expecting completion in the first week of September (build week 36). How late can I leave it if I want to make an alteration to the spec, or is it too late.

Anyone have any experience of this so I know what to expect when I contact Audi?

Cheers

Steve.

I changed my spec 8 weeks after I ordered it (admittedly that was almost 4 months before they built it :P)

On the parking advanced, have you tried a car with it? I originally stuck it on the S5 but I didn't like it. Cameras are all well and good but the audible and visual cues of the parking plus system are far better, in my opinion. I took it off the options list and saved myself £300 +++

We've had reversing cameras on my wife's cars for years now (not through choice). 2 problems with them, in my opinion:

1. They get dirty, quickly

2. You need to be looking at the display, which means you're not looking anywhere else.

I much prefer to be checking out my full field of vision and listening out for the audible indication there's an obstacle nearby. Cameras are good, but I much prefer the Audi plus system. If you get a ping, a quick glance at the display tells you exactly where the problem is anyway. In the meantime you can keep checking all around you.

Had a look at my spec again and it reads [Door mirrors – electrically folding and auto dimming - Also includes an automatic kerb view dipping function on the passenger side when reverse gear is selected]. Well, it'll be an added bonus if it does include this feature. ;)

Steve.

Edited by Cyprio

Build will be fixed next month as you've spec'd a MY14.

As said above, speak to your dealer before he buggers off on holiday if you want to make changes, otherwise the next time you hear from him will be when he wants payment and to hand over your car ++++

Hi Andy_Bangle, How do you determine the Model-Year? I'm not sure how it works - is it MY2014 because it falls into the September registration change?

Steve.

• 1 month later...

I'm confused by some posts in this thread?

Are you referring to dimming or dipping (i.e. when put in reverse?)

I ordered dimming & folding and I enabled dipping via VCDS (on a 59 plate A4) and I didn't need memory seats. It means I can't specify the dipped position but the default works for me and my wife despite her having the seat a lot further forward.

I haven't got memory seats (I don't think, not unless they're standard on the S5 sports seats :roflmao:) but I specced folding (not dipping) mirrors. I've discovered that if you leave the mirror adjuster set to offside or nearside, when you select reverse it dips that mirror to help you see the kerb etc. you can set the position of this i.e. where you want it to dip to. When you stick it back in drive and pull off, it reverts back to its normal position.