Tvr

Torino101

"The company is run by a three-man executive board, with strong financial backing from a tight-knit group of car-minded investors"

Oh dear.

Doomed to fail from the start.

Would anyone on here with £50-80k buy one over everything else that's on the market just now?

Thought not...

I agree on the £30-50k market comment. You just need to look at how popular Noble M12's are in the used market. Their prices are now appreciating for the best cars (GTO-3R and M400's) because people still want that type of car and demand is out stripping supply.

M400's are like rocking horse wotsit now on the used market.

cars in the 50-80k price bracket have moved since TVRs hay day.

They couldn't even compete in their hay day though, they were just lucky that us eccentric brits could forgive them for all their foibles at the time.

These days, there are too many great cars from established brand names for them to even get a look in, forget Porsches etc, would you even buy a TVR over 1M for example?

I'd buy a used TVR Speed Six now. Right now. In blue with cream/blue piped interior. Or a Cerbera.

However, I'd buy in the £14k-18k bracket as a summer only car and purely for the noise. I wouldn't pick one over a 1M purely because you could use a 1M every day...and ummm, you couldn't the other.

You'd spend more time having it fixed than anything else. Helfinger (used to be on here) had a late model 350T with the TVR straight six lump in it. More time being adjusted and serviced than anything else. He couldn't wait to get rid of it.

We were in stitches when the TVRs were racing. We counted them out, and... oh, no, we didn't count them all in again. They did have a lot fewer crashes than us, but that seemed to be because they ground to a halt before the impact could happen. The impacts they did have seemed to be because of the sudden appearance of lots of oil on the track :confused:

Which is what confuses me. The brand has, at best, a mixed reputation. What's the attraction in resurrecting it rather than go for a clean new brand that doesn't have the partly-negative connotations?

Ill just say I never had any problems ..... The Griff is probably still one of my favourite " fun " cars, loved the rumble, loved the power but getting the roof to fit in the boot was a little tiresome. A4 cab was always a comfortable place to be afterwards too (especially withbthe press if a button and voila, roof off lol) :D