Photos of your Audi A8/S8

Sven

I'm glad to welcome some new '8' owners on Tyresmoke, and some older ones coming back to the best car community on the net! cool.gif

If you haven't done so already, why not go to the Gallery and create an album for your car? It would be cool to see your beautiful beasts there! beerchug.gif

And while we're at it, why not post the specs of your cars below here in this thread?

So get bizzy with it... wink.gif

Hi folks,

in response, I have a 1996 A8 4.2 Quattro Sport, standard 18 inch sport alloys. Engine wise she's standard, gradually working through a few cosmetic mods, already put the later armrests in, h.i.d headlights from "proxenon", cat back stainless exhaust built by "longlife". I sourced a second hand 1999 facelift bumper, which I have yet to fit. Unfortunately the bumper is missing the chrome strips, so I need to find them before installing it (there £100 each from audi shocked.gif!!!!). Then I think it will be 20inch S-lines. That should do me for a year or so, before I look for an S8. (sadly they were out of my price range when I bought the 4.2). I think that's it, other than to say I have always had VW/Audi's, an S2 Coupe prior to the A8, Corrado's, Mk1,Mk2 Golf's, always had loads of problems with most of them (except the MK1) but I would still not buy anything other than V.A.G.

Good to see a site dedicated to these fantastic cars.

All the best

Ben smile.gif

Do you know what is required to put on the facelift bumper? From my understanding, it doesn't fit on a pre facelift car.

Some in the U.S. have done it, but changed the front wings, bumper, bonnet (love the english talk, good thing I had a TR6 way back when) and radiator support frame and headlights. The wiring harness for the headlights have to be modified too.

Do you think you can just install it without modification? ECLIPSe.gif

Hi Paul,

According to my main dealer (who I have a lot of dealings with and generally know there stuff) the bumper should go straight on, certainly there is no need to change the wings or bonnet(I did check that). The only main difference is the plastic trim below the headlights, the facelift ones may need a bit of tweaking to fit properly !!. I have measured all the other dimensions and all appears to be okay. Obviously the excitement will begin when I try and fit it for real!!!. I only paid £200 for the bumper, so it's not the end of the world to sell it on if it all goes pear shaped. I'll keep you posted.

Regards

Ben.

[ QUOTE ]

I have always had VW/Audi's, an S2 Coupe prior to the A8, Corrado's, Mk1,Mk2 Golf's,

Ben smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A man after my own heart, I too went from an S2 (Avant though) to an A8 4.2 Quattro Sport, mine is:

1996 N

4.2 Sport

Blue/Grey metallic

Black Leather

Rear door blinds

20" S line rims cool.gif

De-badged

Colour coded lower trims

Recoded transmisson (thanks audipages wink.gif)

No engine mods though I'll stick with 300 ponies for now grin.gif

I will sort out the photos when I get it back beerchug.gif

Cool, nice pics Ben, I'm sure The Stig will rename your album, otherwise just PM him okay? wink.gif

Okay, my car:

Post Facelift 01 MY Audi S8 4.2 5V Quattro

Ebony Black Pearl

Tiptronic Gearbox

Bi-Xenon

PDC F&R

Folding/Heated/Auto-Dimming/-Tilting Mirrors

Leather/Alcantara 'Swing' (Dark Grey)

Alcantara Plus Pack

Window Pack (Double Glass)

Solar Tilt/Slide Roof with Auto Select

Memory Pack

Recaro Front & Back, Heated

Rear Seat Electric, Lumbar & Headrests

Electric Sunscreen Rear & Side Rear Sunscreens

Navi Plus DX with TMC & TV Tuner

Heated Windscreen

Leather S8 Sports Steering Wheel With Tiptronic

Dark Myrte Wood Inlay

18" Avus Wheels

Brembo Brakes

Sports Suspension

Remote Comfort Close / Open

Quad Exhausts (EPS)

Titanium Tints (as of tomorrow).

Nice car Matthew,

Still miss the old S2, I'd had the cats removed and a straight through Stainless made with a large oval, she used to spit flames out the back, when giving her some stick !!

cool.gif

The 20inch S-lines look superb, although I bet your frightened of pot holes and kerbs!!

Superb motor Swen, the S8 is definately the way to go, I'd love to hear some sound footage of your exhaust FIREdevil.gif

The joy of V8's...........

Matthew-

Take some pictures if you find anything different if you would. I take it you have the whole bumper with metal frame or do you just have the bumper cover?

If you haven't seen, here is a procedure on removing the bumper .

Once you get it in, if it doesn't fit correctly from top to bottom, you can screw in/out the metal insert that the bumper bolts vertically screw into. I never noticed that until recently, but if you screw them up/down it raises the height of the bumper so you can get the correct gap to the headlights and fenders.

fer11.JPG

Good Luck! beerchug.gif

Hi Paul,

thanks for the tip, I didn't know the bumper was vertically adjustable. I've had the rear bumper off to install reversing sensors but never the front one. To answer your question, I have the bumper cover, I intend to install the metal insert off the old one.

I can see I will have some fun !!!!!!

Cheers

Ben

[ QUOTE ]

and create an album for your car? It would be cool to see your beautiful beasts there! beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'know you're correct again Sven. Just followed the wife (in our A8) to the stealers in the easy rentacar "A Class" I have again at the mo. Following the A8, it struck me again just what a beauty it is. Also, whilst in front of the misses on the motorway, I see why most drivers get-the-phuck-out-the-way when you close in on them from behind. Not sure if it just with the Sport models cause they're lower, but it has that 5 series beemer (low flying missile) look about it. Where the 5 looks plain mean (pitbull like), the A8 looks like it'll just phuck you up (velvet clad/iron fist style) and not even notice it you dont move when the next opportunity presents it's self!

jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and create an album for your car? It would be cool to see your beautiful beasts there! beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'know you're correct again Sven. Just followed the wife (in our A8) to the stealers in the easy rentacar "A Class" I have again at the mo. Following the A8, it struck me again just what a beauty it is. Also, whilst in front of the misses on the motorway, I see why most drivers get-the-phuck-out-the-way when you close in on them from behind. Not sure if it just with the Sport models cause they're lower, but it has that 5 series beemer (low flying missile) look about it. Where the 5 looks plain mean (pitbull like), the A8 looks like it'll just phuck you up (velvet clad/iron fist style) and not even notice it you dont move when the next opportunity presents it's self!

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Think the speed you are travelling at has something to do with it as well smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Where the 5 looks plain mean (pitbull like), the A8 looks like it'll just phuck you up (velvet clad/iron fist style)

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on! cool.gif

I must try that some time, have the GF drive the S8 and me in another car... Hmmm, somehow that thought scares me a bit tho... UHOH7.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone know how I get a login to set up my own gallery (or get my photo's on? My usual login doesn't seem to work, cheers,

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need a login, just go to your album (or select an empty one if you have no album yet) and click "add photos" in the upper right corner. wink.gif

post-2215-137914265495_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sven, Mathew, All,

Good to see some familar faces around here.

I've finally given up on my old 'haunt' due to access problems and the arguments about which chip is best for an S3... (it was getting a bit boring!)

To start off, here is an excellent link to some good technical background about our cars - particularly the torsen diff (REAL 4WD!!!), V8 engine balance theory, EDL, ESP, 5V cylinder heads, variable valve timeing / intake length etc. http://autozine.kyul.net/technical_school/tech_index.htm

A pic of my car attached. Its an 02 S8, aqua blue, extended leather pack, zenon plus, servotronic, bose, 20" wheels, with birds eye maple wood - and I've either got voices in my head or its telling me it wants an exhaust like Sven's !

Good to see so many fellow 8 drivers here

Have a good weekend

Jon

post-2115-137914266233_thumb.jpg

Hi Jon, good to see you again! smile.gif A hearty welcome (back), and please come by often! beerchug.gif

I got a bit fed up too with 'the other side', due to the sluggishness and the several bugs which were never looked at, despite several requests. Anyways, it's quite a joyful place here, and I think most of us (if not all) feel right at home here. Hope the same goes for you, the '8' community is finally beginning to take shape, and I'm quite delighted to see some more fellow '8' drivers. cool.gif

Your S8 is a real beauty, gorgeous! That colour suits it so well... notworthy.gif Do create an album if you will!

Thanks for the link, it appears to be a very interesting read! beerchug.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • bison unpinned this topic