5 GT - deposit paid

AudiPartner

Ok so I don't have to hand the Merc back until end of October, but I've gone over my mileage allowance so decided I'd start looking, and if the right car came up between now and then I'd buy it.

That was a week ago lol. But you know what it's like...

So I had pretty much written of the 535D as my modest £20k budget wouldn't allow it. Shame, extra power, exhausts both sides, but never mind. But then I saw one that seemed pretty cheap, so I enquired, bounced a few emails and then boom, deposit paid, just £600 over my budget. Main dealer too so 12 months proper warranty and 12 months tax. Also, which the dealer didn't advertise but I discovered from BMW UK, the car has the Maintenance Pack until Sept 2015. Or 60,000 miles, and the car is already on 49k, but if I go easy I might even be able to get 2 service out of it?? That's a touch.

Will give the Merc back early, save 5% on my last two payments and save 10.8 pence per mile. Stick that saving towards a DMS remap I suppose. :)

Come on, you know I'm not going to jeopardise this moment with a dealer picture, wait until I get it home!! I wouldn't even do that if it was a 911, but being a 5GT (BMW not Renault) I'm definitely not doing it; it's gonna need all the help it can get bless it's big heart.

I might get the Missus sprawled across the bonnet with her cans out, that oughta do it!!

Yeeeeah, it's all about that Evolve remap isn't it? Looks like they have a franchise just near Gatwick, that'll do. AD Automotive or something... will pay them a visit before long I'm sure.

Don't bother with a franchise. Just give Imran a call at their office in Luton. Ask for the Evolve-R box and it's all done. Think MrMe has a box as it happens. That way you can put the map on and off for servicing, etc...

• 3 weeks later...