5 GT - deposit paid

AudiPartner

Yeah we couldnt have picked a nicer day for it! Day got underway fine other than the car I nominated to leave at the station didn't start so had to jump in the Merc, and then we nearly missed the train from St Pancras to East Midlands Parkway as I didnt want to settle for a McDonalds coffee and insisting on enjoying another brand of large cappuccino with my long awaited sausage and egg mcMuffin meal! Yum. Picking up cars, I love it. :)

So we get there and the guy is 5 minutes away, he arrives, we get in the car and start chatting. Tells me the car is just having an MOT. Great. Proceeds to tell me that they have also just noticed the wheels need a refurb but "It's ok, we'll send someone round to your house to do it". No you fecking won't.

But anyway, we got the car and it's great. It's massive, comfy and fast. Journey home was fine, some pretty torrential downpours but ok on the whole. Effortlessly munched the miles. Averaged 39 to the gallon which isn't bad, but I already knew the 535 isn't as economical as the 530.

Boot isn't as big as I remembered but as long as the pram and the dog go in then bags can go on the back seat. That reminds me - back seats... want rear leg room? Get a 5GT! The whole cabin is massive, I love it. With panoramic roof too it's a really nice place to be.

Really pleased. Just need to find time to give it a jolly good clean. :)

• 1 month later...

Plus you can slide the rear seats forward 4", this then gives you 5 series room, slid back it is somewhere between a SWB and LWB 7 series.

Great cars, we had one for 2 years, I say 'we' my old man swapped his 730d sport for an F11 and hated it, so swapped after a few weeks and got the GT, a real notch up from the 5 series. A 7 series hatch.

I used it loads, great mile muncher.