Dragged into the 21st Century

cruiser647

Finally succumbed to a smartphone purchase.

Went into Booster's favourite shop (EE). Looked around and then swapped over from a Nokia C3-01 touch to the Lumia 820.

I am actually finding Windows 8 very good. The lady gave me a quick demo of Win 8, as I have seen Android and wasn't overawed with it

The 820 is a big ol' phone. That will take a bit of getting used to.

Oh, I have download some software to the PC to edit/change the ring tone to a bit of music - which is a bit of a pain, but other than that. I like it!

I have a works ipad and don't use that much, so I doubt my data use will be high. Mainly just for calls, text and photos (8 meg camera) +++

Had the original Lumia 800 for 18 months, suits me fine for calls texts and email. Upgrade time now, considering tweaking the contract now the deals are better, what kind of contact you got Jo? All inclusive text / call / data contracts are certainly a lot cheaper now

The telling thing for me, is that whenever you see an ad for an app, it's always IOS and Android, and not Win.

Other than 3, who else does unlimited data tarrifs?

The reception on 3 seems to have dropped dramatically around here over the last year or so, get very poor signal at home now so want to switch networks.

Wouldn't mind going back to Orange or EE or whatever they are called now as never had any complaints when I was with them for over ten years, but don't think their signal is any good here either.

Wouldn't mind going back to Orange or EE or whatever they are called now as never had any complaints when I was with them for over ten years

I have been with them since 1994 and never had any problems. They merge with T-Mobile and everything has gone tits up: Signal, customer service, billing.

I'm still waiting for the sodding signal box that they said they were sending out to me early July!

Wouldn't mind going back to Orange or EE or whatever they are called now as never had any complaints when I was with them for over ten years, but don't think their signal is any good here either.

You'll probably notice next to no difference as the radio network is the same for T-Mobile, Orange, EE & Three.

The app store is definitely improving there are a number of apps appearing that I was craving, it takes a while but i'm getting the impression that Win Phone is starting to get a bit of traction in the market place, there seem a few here with it now and I can count at least 5 friends/close family that have got it, the more people get it the more apps will appear for it as well.

The new Pompey program has some interactivity functionality on it that uses an app called Blippar, you hover it over the page and it gives you access to videos of the goals being scored etc, unfortunately not available on Windows phone, so I moaned and the developers have said they're currently developing it and hope it will be out later this year. I think people develop first for iOS and Android and then for Windows (for obvious reasons currently). Funny thing is the guy in charge of getting all the interactive stuff in the program for the club has got a Windows phone himself so can't use it. :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...
Waylander, that's what I was looking to upgrade to (920), but its no longer available to buy through Orange and the replacement 925 is only available on O2 presently. I'm sure it will be available on Orange soon

Didn't take long. +++

Time for the 18 monthly negotiation nightmare to begin!

Edited by Ian_C