C63 AMG's

fatcat

Working in Birmingham the last 10 months, I have come to a few conclusions:

C63 AMG's - In Birmingham, as common as muck.

Everyone has one.

Mostly white, you see the odd black one.

Mostly driven by very young blokes.

Other worthy notes:

911's - rare as hens teeth.

Bentleys common as muck.

After a while you begin to understand the dialect.

Lurverly women

and lastly

The best curries in the world.

Some of the friendliest people to work with.

• Like 1

I've got a number of clients in Birmingham. Some I visit, some I don't.

When I have been there I haven't had time to observe a great deal about what cars are common....mainly because I'm concentrating on their utterly unfathomably stupid road system. It beggars belief.

Thinking about the other bits you mention though, it does remind me that those I have visited certainly aren't in short supply of attractive women. Primarily blondes in their 20's it would seem. In terms of friendliness, I can honestly say I find most people, in most regions, very friendly. My clients in Birmingham are very nice to talk to and meet, but no more than they are in London, the Southwest, Southeast, the rest of the Midlands, the Northwest or Scotland. My native area is friendly too. I didn't mention Wales because I don't have any clients there so I can't really judge them.

I honestly don't think the region makes a great deal of difference. Some of the nicest people I work with are from London and from some of its biggest companies and organisations. They are, in many respects, prime targets for stereotyping. Yet they're incredibly nice people. They're also the easiest to work with on the whole, because they're very good at defining a brief and giving you their objectives. That makes working with them much easier. One of them has a senior member of staff who is a former Miss England finalist. I like working with them.

It's the same as the E46 M3 when I first joined here.

The "everyone has one" label was because they were such good cars.

I think the volume of C63's is partly down to the above but also because of the incredible deals Mercedes have been offering on them. If anyone has wanted a loud, straight line monster, then it's a no brainer.

I don't see many. Not here and not on my travels. I see a lot of RS4's in the 'wrong hands' (early models) and a large number of E92 M3's. There is an SLK55 AMG or whatever they call it around here. It sounds like a Spitfire. Fabulous. Looks proper girly though.

Having sat in the back of Bazza's C63 Coup all the way back from LM this year, I can honestly say I'm not a fan. Though his persistent choice of shite 80's music didn't really help either.....

And as for frequency of seeing them, I'm surprised at how few I see on the streets of London.

• Like 1

Having sat in the back of Bazza's C63 Coup all the way back from LM this year, I can honestly say I'm not a fan. Though his persistent choice of shite 80's music didn't really help either.....

And as for frequency of seeing them, I'm surprised at how few I see on the streets of London.

What was/is wrong with the back?

London - a C63 might not cut it. You need more a 'look at me!' car!

How's the mood down there this morning?

Devastated, I hope.:roflmao:

I've been reading the Herald, Australian, Telegraph etc this morning. Sounds like you're all suicidal. I do hope so.:roflmao:

What are you blathering about?

I've been busy car shopping...