Another great day at Palmersport Bedford Aerodrome

AZURES3

It was a very wet day yesterday in the morning when we had the Caterhams and the Ariel Atom, which was great fun and a test of grip and nerve. The M3 was stunning in the wet and several people asked if they were 4WD versions lol. It dried up nicely in the afternoon for the other events and they put slicks back on when the track was dry for the amazing Jaguar JP-LM and Formula Jaguar. Feel very fortunate to have been invited 2 years running by the supplier its the best driving day out I have experciened.

PalmerSport at Bedford Autodrome - The world's best corporate hospitality driving event

Best corporate drivng day there is.

So spill the beans, how did you do? Did you take home any of the (plastic) carbon framed awards? ;)

Agreed the best corporate day :)

I did well the lat time I went I came 9th out of 52 people but always let myself down in the offroad course as I dont go there to drive at 5mph. As you will know Scotty there is always about 5% of people who turn up with their own gloves, shoes and suits etc who either make themselves look bloody stupid and crash as last year or win the driver of the day and then advise the do trackdays every month :rolleyes:

Yesterday was one of those bonkers days where our sub group of 20 only had dry for the go karts, JP-LM and Jaguar Palmer which you could argue is the best for dry. We had a group of 82 people yesterday and they didnt give us the overall ranking sheet this time but lots of people in their own gear and the driver of the day races professionally an was a tad quick. Compared to the people in our sub group of 20 I was in the top 5 for everything apart from the off roader, zzzzzzzz. Oh and the JP-LM that blew its engine on my hot lap and they didnt let me changes cars as there was only 2 laps to go :ffs:

Only slight disappointment was that they have removed the onboard cameras from the BMW, Caterham and JP-LM so you now only get footage for the Ariel Atom & Formula Jaguar.

If you get an invite and you love driving cars dont decline. +++

I've not been since they introduced cameras (maybe 4/5 years). I think I've got two or three plaques somewhere. I came second on my last day (about 60 people) to a Caterham racing driver. As you say there's always someone like that!!

Top grin day out. I have suggested this to a couple of suppliers who asked about the sort of events people were interested in but I guess I need to spend some more dosh!

• 4 weeks later...

Great to hear you liked this. I am doing it on the 12 October with a supplier (I'm paying for me!).

Really looking forward to it. They know I do trackdays and have my own helmet so are expecting big things....

How much seat time did you get in each car ?

Did you notice if the m3 brakes were standard or upgraded. I took my m3 round Bedford and it turned to cheese after only a few laps. Supersports were fantastic though.