New BMW converts soon

Brabus

[ QUOTE ]

I am sure I read a while back that one of the senior design team from Alfa went to Audi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Walter de Silva, now head of design for Audi.

The more I look at the new A6 pictures, the more acceptable they are. Far better than the stuff BMW is producing at the moment - looks more purposeful and has a more agressive stance IMHO.

Get used to the new Audi 'fishmouth' grille - the A8 W12 is basically a design forerunner for the inevitable transfer to the entire A8 family, the new A6 obviously has it, the A3 'wagon' will have it (again, a prelude to a general facelift probably) and the A4 is slated for a facelift in late 2005 or early 2006 and will get the new family look. Oh, and there's talk of a 'new TT' which will probably have it as well.

Looks like Merc could pick up some BMW and Audi business from those that don't like the changes?

That would be amusing, Audi bring out a whole new front end look, and half their customers convert it back to more like it was before! grin.gif

Have to say, whilst I reserve judgement till I see it in the flesh, those photos certainly don't inspire me... crazy.gif

Also think this car may be very colour sensitive. Not sure maroon is the best colour for some of their first showings! Maybe Dolphin Grey with some nicer wheels and it'll look a whole lot better.

Didn't like the new BMW Z4 till I saw it in grey, a colour that suits the car much better than some of the other offerings.

that has got to be the most unflattering colour.

The front and rear are growing on me, and i think will look better IRL. Think it's a backward step to drop the distinctive rear-light cluster shape in favour of the alfa look, and from the side, the A6 looks exactly like a Passat. Like WTF is going to pay premium for something that shares a bit too much DNA with a lesser breed? Then again, all those Hyundai I mean BMW X5 owners do ...

Looks awful in that deep red colour, but much better in the grey.

I too am reserving judgement until I see it in the flesh, but I think the E-class Merc looks a lot more attractive so far. Pity Mercedes can't learn something about suspension setup from Audi or BMW - that's their biggest downfall as far as I'm concerned - oh, and the fussy dash.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else keep getting flashes of Rover 75 when glancing at those photos or is it just me...? UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the early spy photos really looked Rover 75 - the high crease line and slab sides I think. These don't look so bad, but I can still see hints of it in there. Hopefully it's just due to lense effects and it will look cleaner and sharper in the metal.