Posh Mondeo with quilted seats!

News_Stig

Posh sub brands never work, sadly this won't either, Toyota are the only ones who pulled it off with Lexus, because they managed to produce a genuinely better product, and managed to separate it from the main brand too.

The Mondeo is a great car, hugely underrated, but it's still a Mondeo, something you buy with your head not your heart, and the Vignale, no matter how many toys they throw at it, is still a Mondeo.

It'll make some sales reps and area managers feel a bit special having their own 'area' in the dealers, but that's it.

In reality, this is what the top spec Mondeo should be anyway.

I remember the Pug 205 or 206 Roland Garros. I only saw about 2 of them.

Allegro and the Vanden Plas.

Defo won't work. For the price, sales reps would rather a boggo 3/C or A4 job. Emissions on them will probably be better than the Vignale.

It worked for Lexus & Inifiniti because they are completely different (shaped) cars. People didn't and probably still don't associate them with their parent marque.

I think Infiniti are making slow progress, fighting a premium market that is even more badge obsessed than it was when Lexus launched in the UK.

I see a few because one of their bigger dealers is in Stockport. The M35h will be a used bargain barge if it proves to be long term reliable.

Edited by garcon

The odd footballer's SUV and chav party limo aside, Lincoln is very much a US only brand, and I can understand Ford wanting to create something new for the European market that doesn't have that US association.

Infiniti do seem to have a strong foothold in the US market - is that because they're significantly cheaper than the Euro premium marques?

The odd footballer's SUV and chav party limo aside, Lincoln is very much a US only brand, and I can understand Ford wanting to create something new for the European market that doesn't have that US association.

I guess the Lincoln brand might have been tarnished by a a few footballers :roflmao: