Should anyone want a new RS6 this month

Smudge

I wonder how much that cancelled order cost the original bod ordering?

Where's Booster? Wonder if it's on/or would have been on 'tick'?

The original customer lost nothing as the order was cancelled due to his employers relocating him to the US, he billed his employers (Large US Software house with an office in Reading, Chaired by a chap called Bill). Being a Director thats a luxury they can both afford I guess. The deposit taken was only £1k. As for loss for the dealer, again, unless the car remains unsold in 3 months time, it costs them nothing at present. Then it goes to Lombard for funding. I would envisage the car being moved before then. It also isn't registered, so will be sold as new. The dealers are actually very calm about the whole thing & are chuffed that they can have this in the showroom whilst they have a demo car for really showing off with. As for the seats, I like them, but then its subjective isn't it.

Those seats are rank, and I can't help laughing at over 100k for an Audi estate, I don't care how fast it is, you'd have to be a pillock to spend that sort of money on one.

Base car launched here in Oz @ something like $225,000.00. That's before you got the the options list - and they are selling!

Milton Keynes Audi have a Silver S6 Avant, brand new (700 miles) up for £46k - brilliant!!

WHITE leather interior - not so brilliant!! what on earth were they thinking.

I have a 4 year old son, enjoy outdoor 'sports' and hope to have a Jack Russel or two soon - just doesn't work.

But interesting that these cars are dropping to mid £40k mark VERY quickly.

Milton Keynes Audi have a Silver S6 Avant, brand new (700 miles) up for £46k - brilliant!!

WHITE leather interior - not so brilliant!! what on earth were they thinking.

I have a 4 year old son, enjoy outdoor 'sports' and hope to have a Jack Russel or two soon - just doesn't work.

But interesting that these cars are dropping to mid £40k mark VERY quickly.

Thanks for the thank. Funnily enough I was only looking at S6s online earlier today.  The MK car is March 2013 and has an asterix next to the mileage, I'd be surprised if its still 700.  Odd spec - definitely the base Nav system which has since been dropped, yet it has radar cruise?

The Panther black Boston car I posted still for sale, but this is now the cheapest, a slightly earlier launch car with higher spec like Nav Touch, BOSE and 4-Zone Climate Control, 7000 miles, £40k

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a6/4.0-tfsi-quattro-avant/hessle/602651761-35646.aspx

I just hope Dave got a blinding deal going for a factory order, they've dropped a lot since he ordered, really looking forward to seeing him take delivery

I'm afraid this is par for the course on the highly specced performance cars from Audi and BMW now.

M6's - £100k+ new.  In the £60k's within 6 months in some cases.

M5's - £80K+.  In the £45k bracket within a year in more than just a few cases.

They are mega bucks new and mega attractive to the used market shortly after - at a vastly reduced price.

Yeah there's a thread about the finance contribution offer on there.

Spec is down to preference, you could add thousands to the price very easily indeed!!  This low spec car recently popped up, cheapest in UK and sold fairly quickly, I'm sure it would still be a riot.  Cruise, HD Nav, front and rear parking sensors are standard nowdays.  About the only options on this car are heated seats and electric folding dimming mirrors - and I'd imagine it would probably have B&O.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/rs4/audi-rs4-fsi-quattro-s-tronic/1625087

I'm afraid this is par for the course on the highly specced performance cars from Audi and BMW now.

M6's - £100k+ new.  In the £60k's within 6 months in some cases.

M5's - £80K+.  In the £45k bracket within a year in more than just a few cases.

They are mega bucks new and mega attractive to the used market shortly after - at a vastly reduced price.

Although those new prices are offset by big chunks off list and 0% finance deals that make them appear much more affordable. Monthly premium (which let's face it is the only thing a stupid person looks at) probably little different to the HP deal you could get on a 30 grand cheaper used model... :P

That's true.  You'd have to be raving mad to pay anywhere near list price to begin with - but you'd be surprised how many people don't pay far off it. 

I know of at least one person who took a 63 plate new 335i out of a dealers and paid list minus £1500.  It's best just to keep your mouth shut when people tell you stuff like that (whilst trying not to wet yourself laughing or die with shock).