Request

NewNiceMrMe

As everyone is suggesting all manner of good ideas, I thought I'd open this thread up with one very particular request.

Could we have a "In rememberance of" section for fallen comrades?

Maybe not that title, but something we can glance at and comment in now an again.  

A thread for each member unfortunate enough to no longer be with us.  TSN has been around for a long time now.  Inevitably, tragic things happen.  We already know that such misfortune has taken Chris_B and DavidHodgkinson from us.  Right now we can post on Chris's FB page but that can sometimes not be appropriate for car memories?

I don't wish to be and create too sombre a mood, but I'd just like somewhere to pass tribute to people who contributed and were enjoyed for doing so.

I just think it'd be nice.

Nice is the wrong word.

• Like 1

I stumbled across Chris_B's profile in the top posters list and that's what got me thinking, or more specifically his last active date did.

I know a good few people on here leave comments on his FB page on which his family are active, but I'm not sure about David.

I also wondered if any other members that used to be very active but no longer had fallen.  I guess we won't know if they didn't attend meets or have deeper connections.

Sobering thoughts. 

I should also say this isn't a criticism of TSN, not at all.  I just thought it might be a nice touch but will understand if others disagree and don't want anyone thinking I'm 'having a go', I',m not.+++

• Like 1

I should also say this isn't a criticism of TSN, not at all.  I just thought it might be a nice touch but will understand if others disagree and don't want anyone thinking I'm 'having a go', I',m not. +++

It's probably because there used to be a guy on here with a similar user name to yours who used to be a right git so we might automatically assume you are the same.

It is heard tell though that a Frontal Lobotomy did change him for a bit.....

It's a nice idea Chris, I'm sure there will be no objections.  Just hope the list isn't very long ....

<script type="text/javascript" src="/mod_pagespeed_static/js_defer.4Wv5zwfokU.js"></script>

Who is this Chris of which you speak?

Oh and Daz I seem to get that script thingy message whenever I quote from desktop (firefox)

Not via the mobile browser. Will see if it is anything related to Noscript...

<script type="text/javascript" src="/mod_pagespeed_static/js_defer.4Wv5zwfokU.js"></script>

Who is this Chris of which you speak?

Oh and Daz I seem to get that script thingy message whenever I quote from desktop (firefox)

Not via the mobile browser. Will see if it is anything related to Noscript...

Send Bison a PM - he has been doing some script work and may be related

Some may be interested that Chris_B's sister is doing a Marathon walk through London raising money for Cancer Research

http://www.justgiving.com/AmyWright2013

As many of you know, just three years ago I lost my lovely brother, Chris, to this awful disease which, as with many other sufferers, crept up on him undetected. Just two brief months after being diagnosed Chris lost his short but valiant battle with cancer at the tender age of 38. If a day has gone by without thinking of Chris I'd be very surprised and it feels good to be raising some essential funds for Pancreatic Cancer Research in his memory.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.