Football results today

Luke

Fellaini looks a little lost at present but I'm sure he'll get used to his new team-mates in due course.

I agree on Welbeck.  He's just not doing it and I'd prefer to see Hernandez up front when RVP is out, but the latter was also a huge factor on Sunday.  It's like City without Aguero.

Kompany was outstanding, but oddly enough so was the petulant little runt, Rooney. 

I don't agree on Rio and Vidic.  They're both outstanding defenders.  Rafael is a miss, Smalling isn't up to it and Valencia will have had his arse kicked for the first goal.

In a nutshell though I remain of the opinion City were excellent and we were very poor.  However, it won't be like that all season and we now have a period that should allow the team to settle a bit more.  I'm hoping Moyes starts to play Januzaj too because the young guy is first class and a true star in the making.  Lingard might even feature when he comes back from his loan spell.

We now have the following fixtures (League):

H - WBA

A - Sunderland

H - Southampton

H - Stoke

A - Fulham

H - Arsenal

A - Cardiff

A - Spurs

H - Everton

H - Newcastle

I think we'll be in the top 3 after those and fully expect no more than 3-4 dropped points.  I think there are 9 wins out off 10 there. 

I think Vidic was repeatedly caught out trying to cope with the defficiencies of Smalling (he isn't a full back) and Evra (who might just be showing why Moyes thought left back was a transfer priority).

I think Cleverley has a chance, and maybe Moyes needs to work out why Welbeck seems to do better for England than he does for United (maybe it's just that England are more his level...). I'm disappointed in Young - I thought he was a good signing, but since a good honeymoon period he hasn't delivered. And his diving is an embarrassment.

Steve Claridge actually said something that made sense on Radio 5 Monday NIght Football. Moyes's Everton teams were always well balanced, and he didn't put square pegs in round holes unless he absolutely had to. So far, that hasn't been the case at United - and that may only be resolved when he's had chance to make a few changes to the first team squad.

I've been to worse places for midweek away games - Barrow and Whitley Bay, for a start.

Talk about bleak and depressing.

dms556.jpg

Been to both mid week as well, its going to Dover mid week that really kills the humour. :rolleyes:

I personally have completely fallen out of love for the Premiership for many reasons, my wife working for one of them hasn't helped. But I personally still find far more joy from someone wanting to play football for £60k a year not a week and still enjoying it and giving 120% no matter what the weather is as the wind, rain and snow soaks you. I just wish I could do it more sometimes.

We now have the following fixtures (League):

H - WBA

A - Sunderland

H - Southampton

H - Stoke

A - Fulham

H - Arsenal

A - Cardiff

A - Spurs

H - Everton

H - Newcastle

I think we'll be in the top 3 after those and fully expect no more than 3-4 dropped points. I think there are 9 wins out off 10 there.

That's quite a run 9 games unbeaten, but I'm glad you acknowledge a class opponent as the game you lose ;)

• Like 1

Garth Crooks hit the nail on the head - it's all well and good Moyes saying he needs time to assess the squad, etc... but he's tinkering with world class players who won the title just a few months ago, so you can't really use that as mitigation for the current position.

How many are world class though?

Garth Crooks hit the nail on the head - it's all well and good Moyes saying he needs time to assess the squad, etc... but he's tinkering with world class players who won the title just a few months ago, so you can't really use that as mitigation for the current position.

He brought Kagawa in.  Didn't you say you wanted that?  :roflmao:

Seriously, you're hilarious! 

"Current position".  6 games in.  Go support Chelsea.  Fans like you make me sick.

I'm pretty sure that every player who started that game has been capped for their country - and in many cases has been a regular full international player for many years.

That doesn't make them world class, England aren't a world class team.

Kagawa was the star of the first half if the reports are to be believed - and he took him off at half time! - every journalist reporting is completely mystified by that.

6 games in, bottom half of the table, with the team continuing to play badly - this is on the back of a dodgy pre-season tour, too.

Fergie had time as he ripped the club apart and re-built it. Moyes just had to continue the success, but has shown that an average manager will always be average, even with a decent team.

He was never fit to be a United manager - and is proving his unsuitability every week.