The new steed..

CJ92

Looks excellent. +++

I particularly like them in white. ;)

Thanks.

I think the white really suits the M135i and as a no cost option was a no brainer really.

Excellent deal and service from Cooper at Tunbridge Wells,only six weeks from order to delivery.Icing on the cake was selling my 135i Coupe privately.. :)

Very nice!  Is that a manual gearbox I see......  +++

The manual shift really does compliment the M135i's character imo,with the short direct throws,it's a pleasure to use..smiley-transport027.gif.pagespeed.ce.L2R  

Very nice. I am still totally besotted with mine after 11 months.

BMW have done a brilliant job with the M135i and real value for money to boot.. :)

I meant to say, I reallly like the wheels on the M135i with the graphite finish.  My local dealer had one in about 2 months ago that had a fair few bits of carbon added to the car too - and it looked even better (it was white, just like CJ92's). 

I've seen a Coupe with similar carbon on it (and stripes?) and that looked very good, but the M135i really looked special with the carbon added to it (I could be wrong in this so don't flame me, but I think it was wing mirrors, front splitters, possibly a different rear spoiler and I'm pretty sure there was carbon around the grille area).

• Like 1

Hi CJ92

Looks like things have moved on since your (and mine) 123d days.

I've got to say these M135i's are GREAT, so stealthy its unbeliveable. Remove the rear badge and unless you pick out the 'blacked out' exhausts either side and the different mirror cover finish, they look like any other 1 series.

My brother picked his up a couple of weeks ago. Also in white but he's got the 8 speed auto with flappy paddles - it's an absolute pocket rocket! You can be doing 80/100 leptons before you even have the chance to realise, the auto seems to be so well mated to the engine (not sure it needs 8 gear though!). I'm not sure which version of Nav you've gone for but the character recognition on the iDrive controller on his is quite cool.

Are you planning any mods? The BMW M Performance exhaust seems to be all the rave

Edited by max_b
  • Like 1

Hi CJ92

Looks like things have moved on since your (and mine) 123d days.

I've got to say these M135i's are GREAT, so stealthy its unbeliveable. Remove the rear badge and unless you pick out the 'blacked out' exhausts either side and the different mirror cover finish, they look like any other 1 series.

My brother picked his up a couple of weeks ago. Also in white but he's got the 8 speed auto with flappy paddles - it's an absolute pocket rocket! You can be doing 80/100 leptons before you even have the chance to realise, the auto seems to be so well mated to the engine (not sure it needs 8 gear though!). I'm not sure which version of Nav you've gone for but the character recognition on the iDrive controller on his is quite cool.

Are you planning any mods? The BMW M Performance exhaust seems to be all the rave

Hello max_b,always good to have a catch up.

Just loving this car especially with the manual shift.No mods planned just yet I will get to know her a little better first, and enjoy as standard for the time being.

Quite like to have the model designation so that wont be going anywhere.

Has your bro followed bmw's guidelines for running in..

• Like 1

Has your bro followed bmw's guidelines for running in..

Erm.....him probably more so compared to when I had a chance to have a run out!!! However all fluids were up to temp and he's now on about 12/1300 miles anyway. He switched over to his winter tyres today as he's only been used to Quattro previously.

Are you still on the babybmw site?

Erm.....him probably more so compared to when I had a chance to have a run out!!! However all fluids were up to temp and he's now on about 12/1300 miles anyway. He switched over to his winter tyres today as he's only been used to Quattro previously.

Are you still on the babybmw site?

Sensible move with the winters I have a set of X1 steelies with Conti TS810' at the ready. ;)

I am following bmw's guidelines for running in for the first 1200miles.

Yes still on babybmw..

Don't think the red-stitched leather is available on the M135i, presumably because it's an actual performance car rather than a 116d Sport trying to pretend it's a performance car. :P

It's an MSport thing. So a 116d MSport can't have black with red highlights, but a Sport can.

Bizarre, as I think the red stitching / piping makes a big difference to the interior.

Sensible move with the winters I have a set of X1 steelies with Conti TS810' at the ready. ;)

I am following bmw's guidelines for running in for the first 1200miles.

Yes still on babybmw..

Make sure you post some pics when you change over, if they are the ones I think, they look quite cool!

I bet you cant wait till 1200 miles but for me personally I would get the temps up and feel free to pull round the rev range once in a while, I'm sure it does no harm. Do it while you can before the crap weather kicks in, the pull of those turbos is something else!

Make sure you post some pics when you change over, if they are the ones I think, they look quite cool!

I bet you cant wait till 1200 miles but for me personally I would get the temps up and feel free to pull round the rev range once in a while, I'm sure it does no harm. Do it while you can before the crap weather kicks in, the pull of those turbos is something else!

It's quite surprising how much power is on tap without exceeding 4000rpm and national speed limits!My preferred setting is sport+ which works really well with the manual shift on a clear twisty A/B road. :grin:

Once the winters go on I will probably stick in comfort mode.Have to say I am impressed with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.These are standard fitment on the M135i unless you tick the Rflt option..