S3 Sportbacks - limited numbers? Discounts?

DanG

That is lovely. The red on those seats is really bright

10/10 for the car

0/10 for the "your"

Cheers, I love a groanmatical error as much as the next man, but seriously I cannot go to the trouble of finding the required " ' "

I mean we are not talking predictive text here, just good old fashioned qwerty slapping whilst DUI

• Like 1

That works really well.  Lovely. +++

My only complaint is that you should have taken a photograph of the seat face instead of just the side.  So sort it out next time and lesson learned. :grin:

My only excuse for that was;

It was p1ss1ng down Cougars & Hyenas at the time, so a bad case of "Quick shoot" followed by premature "Withdrawal" from the cabin was the order of the day

Agreed not my ususal "Modus Operandi" when its "Wet" but one does have to consider the possibilty of "Stains" on the "Interior" on these sort of ocassions....... and not a single "Double Entendres" anywhere in this post :secret:

• Like 2

Superb!  Love the seats!  The S3 I sat in at Le Mans (which was also the first one I'd ever seen) was a Misano 3dr with those seats.  I quite liked them - strange considering I really don't like the red inserts on the B8 S4 (the ones you mean Mook, or did you have alcantara in your old B6?)

Having driven the S3 recently, I didn't find the seats quite as supportive as they looked.  The leather on the doorcard armrests makes a huge difference, very tactile, a must have option imo along with Nav Touch & B&O.  The one I drove was a manual too - absolutely joyous!

PS.  Looks almost exclusive-paint-order Cherry Black in some of those pictures - probably just the rain and the overcast day

Having driven the S3 recently, I didn't find the seats quite as supportive as they looked. 

PS.  Looks almost exclusive-paint-order Cherry Black in some of those pictures - probably just the rain and the overcast day

Agreed Audi dont ever seem to do "Hug You" seats apart from the RS4 "Squeeze me" buckets.

Considering how good the Golf GTI seats are, why that is?  really doesn't make much sense, dont they talk to each other??

Colour is phantom black, not the cheery black and yes it was an extremely poor day wetherwise, just like every other day this year :rolleyes:

That's a shame.  The Z4 had adjustable bolsters and they do make a big difference.  The X6 has got them too and they're all part of the memory settings so I can actually get in the seat after their much narrower "MrsMe" setting.:roflmao:

I really like the look of the integral headrest type seats, but I'm not sure how I'd get on with them day-to-day.  I have my headrest up and do actually use it on long trips.

They still look lovely though and I think the S3 is a much, much wiser option than the RS3.

We discussed this the other day in the pub and we came to the conclusion that to most people (not on a car forum) the 'R' is silent.

'So, what car have you got then?'

'I've got a VW Golf R'

'Oh right, but you said it was exciting and fast?'

'It is, its a VW Golf R'

'Ah, right.  Oh look, it's Bob, must go and say hello.'

Its a cracking car though, sub 5 seconds to 60 etc etc Don't think the interior is as nice as the S3, but effectively the same car.

Drive the deal are knocking off 8.5% at the moment, so 9%+ discount should be achievable on the VW and a similar amount off the S3.

The beauty with so many German cars.  :cool:

I hate the current VAG trend for quads.

The S3 and S line rear bumper are the same.  The only differences are the valances which are now clip in unlike say my S4 which is a one piece bumper & valance.  S3 has a double-pipe exit each side, whereas the S line valance just has a double-pipe exit on the left.  Remove the right hand double chrome finishers off the S3 and angle the remaining exhaust down slightly behind the S line valance.  Debadge and your S3 now looks like a regular-engined S line - especially if you ordered your S3 with the same alloy design as the S lines.

The best example I can this of this would be the phase I and phase II Clio 172.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/McPikie/Cars/Clio%20172/282760_10150725450675096_536780095_20241629_4294490_n.jpg

'Current VAG trend for quad exhausts on S cars'?

The S4 has had quad exhausts for what, 8 years now? Hardly a current trend. Your remarks on the bumper design relate to all manufacturers trying to standardise parts to cut costs. You're comparing new cars to 10 year old ones, not exactly apples with apples.

De-badge your S4, change the rear bumper and bend one of the exhausts out of the way and you've got yourself a 1.9 tdi with aftermarket replica alloys.

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

I like the quads on the S3, it makes sense and continues the 'tradition' of S cars having quad pipes and RS cars having two oval (although the RSQ3 i saw just has a single oval... :unsure: )

I think the Golf R should have twin pipes towards the middle, continuing the R32 type 'tradition'.

Congrats on your new S3,those seats look really smart as does the interior.

What discount did you achieve,what was your preferred finance option.

I think the new Golf R will have it's work cut out against the S3.

Thanks +++ ;

6% Discount three year VAG PCP 50% in @ 6.7%

The Golf R looks a nice package but actually costs more by my reckoning on a like for like basis as it doesn't come with leather seats, which are a ridiculous £2k option FFS!

The S3 comes with three year roadside assistance, Golf R one year

I was actually thinking the other day that VW are pricing themselves out of the marketplace, when they are working out more expensive than an Audi, with a sh1t stealer network to deal with as well, whenever you want anything doing.

At least with my local audi stealer, you see the same faces when you go in, not the same can be said with VW, who appear to have a higher staff turnover than a meat processing factory