New M3 and M4 video

DanG

I've always personally preferred V8s, but not so much the high rev howling ones as the grunty thunderous ones like the Vette and AMG Mercs.

But not all 6's sound rubbish.  The Jag F Type V6 S sounds absolutely fecking awesome.  And there's not much else that has the sheer mechanical brutality of a fully race prepped unsilenced 911.

Chris Harris has posted his thoughts on PH. It's an interesting read. The new M3/4 seems to have broadened its capabilities and become more useable and a better every day car. Whilst it maintains the core driver appeal the M3s have always had. Surely this is a good thing as (Andrews excepted) M3s have always been usable drivers cars.

• Like 1

I'm not doubting the M3/4 will be superb drivers cars.

My point is entirely related to the soundtrack of a V8.  You don't need to have heard the new car to know what a V8 sounds like and that a 6 cylinder engine is going to sound very different. 

The engine note of the Z4 35i was actually very nice indeed, but it didn't match a V8.  Performance wise, with the modifications, it could keep with an M3 V8 unless they decided to go to stupidly illegal speeds, but......it wasn't a V8 and I missed that.  That's the only real point I'm trying to make.

Very true.

I'd want the 20" wheels, competition package, internet, climate screen and privacy glass. However, I'd also want the lumbar support which isn't standard so I'd go for the M seats which again aren't standard.

But, and it's a big but and I can see why you'd want one - that price is astonishing.

What is it with BMW not having lumbar support as standard? My X5 had loads of options ticked, Nav etc, but no lumbar, and the seat for someone my height is so unbelievably uncomfortable. I had lumbar support in my K reg Ford Sierra! And in fact, bar the Fabia (which is actually fine without it) I don't think I've ever had a single car without lumbar support.