At long last . . . .

Smudge

. . . .I've modded my R32.

As per TOK posts, I took up the offer on the Milltek straight through & was quite keen on his BBS CH 19's having seen them a month or two before at AmD one day. So I talked to some people to see if they would change over our zorsts & AmD appeared to be the only guys really interested. Which was my prefference anyway.

So, how does she look? Well I think great, others may disagree, after all it's all subjective eh. But let's just say TOK wasn't grinning as much as me on Thursday lunchtime last week. grin.gifgrin.gif

Somehow I feel this may have changed though. I believe he now has a propper 3.2ltr engine under his right foot. GIT!! (an M3 for those who aren't aware).

Anyway, those 19's give the car a little bit more stability (IMHO), turns that would normally be on the edge are more stable, and then there's the zorst. Quite noisy, in fact very noisy, but when accelerating the rasp is rather splendid! smile.gif I have toyed with having the silencer put on, just to see how it sounds then, but for the time being, I'll carry on being an environmental hooligan. grin.gif

Piccies:

post-2160-137914264897_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

and you wondered about the rims slap.gif Looks good! beerchug.gif Any pronounced tramlining now that its on the fat 19"s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers buddy, no sign of tramlining what so ever, which to an extent surprised me. Infact, I don't recall any tramlining at all with the R32. Suffered loads with my A4 1.8TQ, and that ran on 17's.

Was a little worried on the looks front, didn't want to be looking too "Max Powered". But am pleased.

[ QUOTE ]

Any chance of asking a rude question....how much for the new kit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well seeing as TOK & I came to an "arrangement", I'd rather not say, but I think I did relatively well out of it.

Al.

I think it looks stunning SAUER0421.GIFsuicide.gifopenfire.gifthe_finger.giffekr.gifFIREdevil.giffuck_scott.gifFIREdevil.giffuck_scott.gifFIREdevil.giffuck_scott.gifsmashfreakB.gifsmashfreakB.gifSAUER0421.GIFopenfire.gifsuicide.gifopenfire.gif

as you can see in pic 3 I couldnt even bear to look at the car... just slowly walked away with my head to the ground

Like I was saying when we swapped them over it looks better on that colour giving the 19's a good contrast beerchug.gif the legacy lives on..... beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and you wondered about the rims slap.gif Looks good! beerchug.gif Any pronounced tramlining now that its on the fat 19"s?

[/ QUOTE ]

no sign of tramlining what so ever, which to an extent surprised me. Infact, I don't recall any tramlining at all with the R32. Suffered loads with my A4 1.8TQ, and that ran on 17's.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what causes tramlining then confused.gif is it the size of rim, width of wheel confused.gif

Nah mate doesnt look max power YET but i feel that the "Al & Ruth" sunvisor strip may push it over the edge UHOH7.GIF.. only just tho tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no sign of tramlining what so ever, which to an extent surprised me. Infact, I don't recall any tramlining at all with the R32. Suffered loads with my A4 1.8TQ, and that ran on 17's.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what causes tramlining then confused.gif is it the size of rim, width of wheel confused.gif

Nah mate doesnt look max power YET but i feel that the "Al & Ruth" sunvisor strip may push it over the edge UHOH7.GIF.. only just tho tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I was hoping you would answer that one!!!

With regard to the sunvisor, could you see the mad scottish one going for that?? I think not. crazy.gif Not that I was contemplating it, more like a Club Dub R32 one maybe?? tongue.gif

She did comment on the car seeming a little more raspy than before though. Must be that freezer clip mod eh. sekret.gifsuicide.gif

TOK, was going to mention the solemn looking chap in the photo, but didn't want to "expose" your cover. sekret.gif PS, I have got some pics of your R32 sitting at stock. I'll send them across to you.

Hows the new beastie then? Had any fun or had to go away as you thought??

Al. grin.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

nice one mate, looking good. except on the directly behind photo it looks a bit off roaderish beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Block, & I know what you mean, I was trying to show the sheer menace of those 235/35's but it didn't come out too well. I guess David Bailey is safe for now eh. tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

nice one mate, looking good. except on the directly behind photo it looks a bit off roaderish beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Block, & I know what you mean, I was trying to show the sheer menace of those 235/35's but it didn't come out too well. I guess David Bailey is safe for now eh. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]probably just a crap pic then as they look cool in all the other pics.

wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Al,

It looks very nice mate, those wheels look good against the Deep Blue colour.

Whats the speedo error running on 19's ?

Catch you soon jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good question, and I have no idea!!! smashfreakB.gif

What I do know is if I go past a Gatso on 30 it doesn't go off, or it's broken. The gatso that is!! crazy.gif

JT, could your Origin B2 register my speed in my motor? Don't know if you need that rather dubious malfunctioning extra kit thingy, or if will work on good ol' fashioned batteries? If so, could we give a go tomorrow at Windsor??

Al.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I can bring my Garmin Streetpilot to verify your slow ass car - remind me tmrw afternoon!

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know it's funny, I could swear I heard you muttering something very different whilst blatting my car around Richmond this morning. grin.gif

Garmin?? I thought the B2 did the do on speedies??

Al.

beerchug.gif

Nice one Al, I'm generally not a big mod fan, but I think the wheels do look nicer on the Deep Blue than on the Silver - no offence TOK.

Looking forward to seeing it next time we meet up - don't think I'm gonna be able to make next MK meet again, mid-weeks can be tricky for me! frown.gif

Cheers,

Anthony..

Very nice Al beerchug.gif

You can check the change in overall wheel size here An increase in diameter will mean a larger radius so the speedo will read slightly low and you will also appear to get slightly worse MPG (but who gives a feck about that in an R32!). The good news is that the car will clock up miles slower as each turn of the wheel will be wrongly measured beerchug.gif You wont save much though as the increase in diameter is only 1.57%

You can use JTs GPS to verify the speedo (GPS is accurate to 0.5%) and see how carefull you will have to be near speed cameras.

[ QUOTE ]

PS, I have got some pics of your R32 sitting at stock. I'll send them across to you.

Hows the new beastie then? Had any fun or had to go away as you thought??

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on rub it in Al send me some of the stock pics smashfreakB.gif that'll be great thanks ....

Well picked up the car last night (oh yeah and missed my flight yesterday..what a shame that was lol.giflol.gif so probably heading of tomorrow now)I have to say the motor is superb...am still getting used to going back to RWD so am not terrorising the twisties yet and I think the SMG box will take a get of bit of getting used to until you can use it to its full potential...but its just amazing how much power is on tap!!!

Forgot to mention when I was getting the quickshift taken off the mechanic (an oldish guy) was talking to me about the R32..I asked him how come he knew so much about them and he said his son has one at work as an unmarked police car !!!! blush.gif ... he wouldnt tell me where he is based but that is interesting that they have one as an unmarked!!