Cheeky @~$%ers

Snail

Had some unsolicited mail today from a company advertising personalised number plates today.

Now firstly, how the heck did they get my name and address? and secondly, how does "M14 AAM" (my initials are AM)qualify as such a fantastic plate that they HAD to write to me? And how does that improve upon my current personalised plate?

Muppets smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

On the subject of reg/plates I saw GE 02 GEC (GE02GE C) that would've done me a treat. Got better things to spend my gelt on though. Steve Parish's PEN 15 about the best I reccon (Nice one Stevie)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sugar, one of my old school mates said one of his dads friends had the plate PENIS, cannot rember if it was 15 of 1S (for Sugar) at the end. Who is Steve Parish? Could have changed hands obviously, but a small world and all that....

Ian C

[ QUOTE ]

According to this site web page PEN 1S does not exist. PEN 15 is on a Merc 4x4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just looked up my Wife's car as we were sold it as a 2.8 'S' but (VERY) well spec'd - More toys than Hamley's. It's coming up as a 2.8 'SE' which has made my day....Even the Audi Dealer (Meridian Audi Hitchin - say no more) did not know if it was an 'S' or an 'SE'......

So I guess it's worth about 50p more to use now....... jump.gif

I do not think it's anything you could already not get from DVLA.

In the past if you wrote to DVLA asking for details of a number plate with a goodish reason - say an accident etc. then DVLA will give the details including the address. Did this ages ago when my then GF in Bristol was hit by a hit and run (minor damage only) and she got the address and we went around and returned the persons front bumper - much to their surprise!

Presumably if a number is no longer "active" it doesn't mean the car is dead? I guess if someone put a personal plate on a car then its previous number would be taken out of circulation?

I only wonder because I put in a few old cars of mine's plates and my 1994 Honda Prelude number came up with "no match". I guess it could have been written off or stolen perhaps, but wonder if it maybe has had a different (personal) plate assigned to it. confused.gif

Not all plates show up. confused.gif

Put one of my friends personal number (registered to his BMW M3 for over a year) and it says it doesn't exist.

Also K1NGS, the most expensive plate ever sold (£250,000) doesn't show up...

So the fact that CHR1S doesn't show up doesn't mean it isn't out there... UHOH7.GIF

The plate I want J4MES is on the following car. I wonder how many porsches have been converted to run on gas.

Manufacturer Porsche

Model 911 CARRERA 4 TIPTRONIC

Body type coupe

Colour Silver

Fuel type Liquid gas

Date manufactured 31 December 1998

Number of previous owners 3

Last owner change 18 August 2000

The plate is for sale for £52495 if anyone is interested.

James