BMW M3 & M4 pics and info

News_Stig

Thinking of replacing that tired, aging, guzzling V8 M3 with something similar, but different?  Well, read on sir!

BMW previews Individual program for the M3 and M4, including unique interior trim and colours

Following the launch of the BMW M3 saloon and M4 coupe last week, the German manufacturer has announced an Individual program for each of the high-performance models. Unique paint colours and trim allow customers a much higher level of personalisation for their cars.

The more practical M3 is been previewed wearing an Azurite Black finish with the M4 sporting Mineral White. Other colours including Alpine White, Sakhir Orange, Black Sapphire, Mineral Grey, Austin Yellow and Yas Marina will be available from launch. Inside, the four-door model is finished in brown leather with wood trim, while the M4 adopts a caramel finish with brushed aluminium inserts.

Under the bonnet the M3 and M4 will share the same 424 bhp 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged six-cylinder engine. Both are capable of hitting 62 mph in 3.9 seconds fitted with the M-DCT transmission, with the six-speed manual version getting there two tenths slower at 4.1 seconds.

An official debut at the Detroit Motor Show in January has been set for both models, with sales beginning in June later that year. Prices start from £56,175 for the standard M3 saloon and £56,635 for the M4 Coupe.

post-9259-0-60843500-1388139023_thumb.jp

post-9259-0-64952100-1388139037_thumb.jp

post-9259-0-76709200-1388139074_thumb.jp

post-9259-0-59193800-1388139089_thumb.jp

I like the way they've done the seats.

Agreed, they look stunning.+++

Coupled with the new interior technology I'm afraid it makes Audi's look antique inside.  I'm not sure what has happened to their interior design but they're nowhere near as nice as BMW's nowadays - and that's difficult to understand when they always had the lead in that.  I defy anyone who has sat in a new range BMW not to see they are not miles apart.