CarClub 18-30 2014 Hits the Far East

DazzerVR6

Well we hired our own circuit in 2012; we took on the mighty Nürburgring GP in 2013; however, for 2014 we've listened to our followers and given them what they really want: a pootle on track before a ruddy good night out in a rundown East Coast seaside resort. Skegness probably.

Details are firming up. Who's in?

I've had a few requests asking for dates and locations. It'll be in the summer school holidays, start point will be somewhere in the East Midlands, the track will be in the East Midlands and the overnight bash will be in the sun-kissed millionaire's playground of Skegness. We'd rather have the "does this qualify" discussions now as opposed to the night before the event. The track bit will probably be a bit less brutal than 2013's laps of the 'ring GP circuit, either a half day trackday or maybe a sprint session to add a competitive edge.

Also, I can't decide what to bring, there are two cars I'm considering adding to the fleet this year. One is horribly slow and a bit unreliable but dead cool and the other is quick and reliable but is way too old to qualify it appears I'm the only person in the universe who thinks it's cool.

I might just raid the MotorPunk petty cash tin and pick up something outrageous on EBay. Hmm...

Edited by theduisbergkid

• 2 weeks later...

Not got a car, not got the money to buy one, not got a helmet, never done a track day, wrong end of the country and a wifey who'll frown if i'll suggest it.

I think i'm out unless 4 out of 6 of the above change.  :uhoh:

^All of this and more, but I'm desperate to make it anyway! If it's in August, I won't even have to take holiday as I'll be on paternity leave :roflmao:

• Like 1