Police - marked X5's on the M3

bazza_g

Driving home on the M3, see flashing lights (only red lights) up ahead on the hard shoulder – am I’m getting nearer the pair of police marked BMW X5’s move off staying on the hard shoulder. Then both pull on to the motorway an switch to blue flashing lights – at this point one is ahead of me and one is behind me (frankly I’m thinking the worst!) – as I move over both shoot off up the road with blue lights. Then about a mile up the road both X5’s pull back over to the hard shoulder and roll along, still quite quick with just red flashing lights on – any idea what was going on or what they were doing?

The SBS used to harangue motorists on the A31?

I know two and one of them may be the same one that Daz knows.  Wicked sense of humour.  Massive range of cars as well - some proper toys and most of them tweaked.

It seems a bit weird that they'd be based so far from London (about 100 miles), but when they're properly on one, they can get there in under an hour :)

All Marines have a wicked sense of humour - it is part of the Corps values. When I was doing the reserve thing the advice I got was that no matter what they ask you to do - just laugh and get on with it. Worked well in the main, especially during the first kit inspection we ever had, seeing mess tins etc flying across a field with newbies crawling after them.

We had some time at Poole - I know nothing of their cars but their boats and handling are pretty cool.