Eddie Jordan's new yacht

Andy_Bangle

That's a nice looking yacht +++

This kind of thing makes me bloody proud to be British - marine engineering at its best.

His last one never got delivered to him.  I used to see it most days as it say in the harbour at Poole.  Claimed to be a super-fast boat, but it wouldn't get above 18 knots when it was in the water.  Shame, because that was a bloody handsome thing.

You know what, as lovely as that is....a yacht/boat holds absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever.

Not even a £5,000 dinghy.  Or a £32m superyacht, or the type that Abramovich has.

I like seeing them, but I was to win Euromillions and pocket £50m tomorrow, a yacht wouldn't even be near my shopping list.

A private jet is something else...

Oh, I'd have a boat in a heartbeat over a private plane. Except I probably wouldn't on the basis of their extortionate costs to run.

What am I talking about - I've got a boat. It has an open air deck, an inside, is quite fast and moored in one of the nicest water locations around - on the Thames in Richmond.

• Like 1

Given the wealth required to run one of these, let alone buy it, I still don't think I would, i'd just rent, same with private jets, I don't get that either, just rent one when you need it.

Just goes to show how much money is in F1 really, I read somewhere that it has a higher turnover than football, baseball and basketball combined.

Edited by Tipex

According to this article:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/191002/1/f1-2013-driver-salaries-published-but-who-earns-most.html

1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari €20m 
Lewis Hamilton Mercedes €20m
3. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €16m 
4. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing €12m 
5. Nico Rosberg Mercedes €11m
6. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing €10m 
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari €6m
8. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus F1 Team €3m
9. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes €1.5m
10. Romain Grosjean Lotus F1 Team €1m
Pastor Maldonado Williams €1m
Nico Hulkenberg Sauber €1m
13. Valtteri Bottas Williams €600,000
14. Jules Bianchi Marussia €500,000
Adrian Sutil Force India F1 €500,000
16. Paul di Resta Force India F1 €400,000
Daniel Ricciardo Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000
Jean-Eric Vergne Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000
19. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber €200,000
20. Charles Pic Caterham €150,000
Giedo van der Garde Caterham €150,000
Max Chilton Marussia €150,000

So, a handful of top drivers earn close to twice as much as the very top footballers but get to the back of the grid and they're on the same as top League One players - and that is probably paid direct by sponsors.