Golf R Evo

Luke

I can't see it making production in any numbers.

I can't see VW customers putting up with Mitsubishi Evo style servicing schedules which i'd assume it would require?

It'd also be ridiculously expensive, and you'd have to be insane to spend that sort of money on a Golf, the R is pushing those limits already.

Edited by Tipex

I can't see it making production in any numbers.

I can't see VW customers putting up with Mitsubishi Evo style servicing schedules which i'd assume it would require?

It'd also be ridiculously expensive, and you'd have to be insane to spend that sort of money on a Golf, the R is pushing those limits already.

The A45 AMG is a service every year or 12000km

I cannot see servicing being that much different to any other Volkswagen Group product.

Even the Veyron had to comply with all the company service performance and reliability criteria.

Haha not quite for the veyron. Once a yr or ever minimal amount on miles. Plus wheels have to be changed after only a couple of miles...

This golf however I'm sure will be fine for servicing. Both my rs and 458 are 12k miles

Yes but a 2.0 4 pot is going to be considerably higher strung putting out a rillion horsepower.

It's 185bhp per litre, or 92.5 bhp per piston.

how does the 458 compare on those figures?

I'll eat my hat if this ever makes production, I can't imagine sales figures for the R were amazing, judging by how many were languishing unsold at dealers, let alone if they add another 10k to the price for this.

Edit-

The 458 works out at 124.8bhp per litre, and 70.25bhp per piston.

Considerably less highly strung than VW are proposing.

Edited by Tipex

Talk of an Audi S3 'Plus' with a similar output, but I just dont get it.

You sell the S3 and R models, then kick out a Plus or Evo edition - so upsetting all those who bought the S3 or R - (and then try and flog your 'flagship' RS3 with similar horse power?)

I could see the 'R Evo' as an RS3 type of car (and so clearing the way for similar RS / R Evo spec VWs in Passat, Bora,Tiguan and Touareg guise). 

Yes but a 2.0 4 pot is going to be considerably higher strung putting out a rillion horsepower.

It's 185bhp per litre, or 92.5 bhp per piston.

how does the 458 compare on those figures?

I'll eat my hat if this ever makes production, I can't imagine sales figures for the R were amazing, judging by how many were languishing unsold at dealers, let alone if they add another 10k to the price for this.

Edit-

The 458 works out at 124.8bhp per litre, and 70.25bhp per piston.

Considerably less highly strung than VW are proposing.

Very true but as I'm sure you know an na engine will be spinning a lot faster than a turbo charged motor to achieve that power. Over 9k from memory. Not that you have time to look lol

The Macca p1 is a 3.8 and makes about 750bhp before batteries. Not sure about the service intervals. Probably every 5 mins. The 12 is about 620 bhp from 3.8 and pretty sure that about 12k miles too. If this does go to production vw will make it a daily, well I would be very surprised if they didn't.

Edited by Woppum