Top Gear Series 21

Andy_Bangle

****ing hell. This is utter ****ing bilge.

You're watching it, though. Therefore they win.

The cycling films made me laugh.  Great to see people actually put some responsibility onto cyclists for once.  And I enjoyed watching the 918, even if Hammond is dying his hair these days.

TDK is a motor journalist who knows he can do a better job for a lot less money. That's why!

That's why? Eh?

I'm not saying TDK is wrong, if he thought it was shit, then to him, it was, and of course he is fully entitled to his opinion, as are the rest of us.

I enjoyed it very much, I also enjoy TDK's work very much.

Whether he realises it or not, his work lends a lot to TG's style, and I mean that as a huge compliment, what with TG being one of, if not the biggest revenue generator for the BBC.

TDK is a motor journalist who knows he can do a better job for a lot less money. That's why!

TDK is a breath of fresh air, but maybe we need to accept the demographics. TG generates loads of dosh, and absolutely HAS to work on mass appeal.

Mass appeal isn't always what the automotive centric viewer wants. The key here is mass appeal and unfortunately that means compromise. No matter what we say, TG works to the masses.

TDK will and does shake things up, a tilt on the way it's done at the moment and that's ace. I waiting for the TG team to wrap him up as a £300k a year creative...

Good episode - enjoyed that.

I did, even if there was a serious amount of slush between the good bits.

Jessie nailed the star in a reasonably price car.

TDK's writing is very good indeed.

The problem is that when you want to appeal to millions, the censors won't let it wash.

That's the revenue killer.  It simply doesn't work if you try to scale it up.  You end up being lambasted in the press, not touched by anyone who wants to stay on the right side of being politically correct and that, unfortunately, is why we have ended up with the nanny state we have. 

Edited by NewNiceMrMe