Phew....

patently

I once did a track day at Cadwell & managed to leave on my final lap as a right hander caused the fuel not to be picked up & the car to splutter.

Then drove 28 miles on the way home to Barnetby with zero showing & still managed to get there.

However I was RATHER nervous to put it mildly as half way there I had zero on the range!

• Like 1

Not sure how far past zero (or 2 miles!) a Landy goes, but on all my VWs and Audis, the tank has always gone to 3 litres less than the capacity, so I guess there's a safety margin in there so ze Germanz von't be letting you run out of ze fuel, ja  :)

First time to zero in any new (to me) car is always a bit of a shiit yourself moment for me, not know for actual definite that you'll get 3 litres past zero  :uhoh:

What was the most you put in the S4 Scotty?  I've got 66 litres in the supposedly-66 litre tank before.  The record on RS246 is 73.67 litres.

And yes to answer the OP, I've gone 30 miles past 'zero'.  Had a full fuel can in the boot, but in reality I was probably nowhere near running out

As an impoverished teenager back in the day, I ran out of petrol during my motorbike driving test.

Silly I know, but on my way to the test one of my plugs oiled up so I was running very inefficiently on 1 cylinder. Would have made it with 3 or 4 ccs to spare but for that.

:)