2005 A8 D3 4.2 - problem starting when warm

wordsman

My A8 isn't starting when it's very warm, like after a 1-2hr drive. My indie audi guys have replaced the starter motor, and then some relays, which sorted it for  a couple of weeks. But it's happened again and going back in tomorrow. It's starting to feel like Groundhog Day.

Is anyone aware of any known faults, or have any advice?

thanks guys

Well it looks like my mechanics have solved it, as far as I can tell. The battery was going into shutdown, which is why the dash lit up but the engine didn't turn. So, new battery and a couple of long journeys next week - let's see if I get stuck! Fingers crossed.

To be honest the depressing thing, was looking for a newer car for the £8k or so I recon I'd get for the A8, and seeing what I'd get for the money. Not much fun. Let's hope it'll last me another year so I can save up for a new shape A8.

I have just had to change my battery coding agian in VAG-Com to get the battery to read 100%.  Only replaced it in Sept.  It then read 100%, but then dropped to 25% and things were turning off (rear courtesy lights not coming on when car unlocked, radio turning off after 5 mins when engine not on etc etc).  So had to change to change the code again.

Oh, also turned off the bloody seatbelt chime!

• 11 months later...