Audi S1 is Official

Mook

Didn't think I'd see the day of the Audi S1.

I don't care what anyone says - based on having thrown the A1 TDI around quite a lot, something this small with that amount of power sounds awesome :grin:

2 litre turbo lump with 227bhp, Haldex AWD, electronic diff etc.  Nice!

Audi has revealed the S1, a four-wheel drive 227bhp version of the A1. Pictures, UK prices and spec details here

car_photo_589543_25.jpg

But how can they possibly call it the S1.. there will only ever be one Audi S1

I totally agree, maybe they should have went down the BMW route and called it 1S.

As it stands there will be 3off S1s, the original, this one and the limited edition LHD one released a few years ago.

They're not going to be really fúcking stupid and only offer it as a five door ... are they?! :blink:

I would imagine not.

I think the only reason the RS3 was Sportback only was due to the timing and model changeover as the new 3dr preceded.the new Sportback by some time.

Edited by Cuprabob

Reckon it'll be the stock GTI engine, so whacking the S3/Cupra/Golf R turbo on there won't be a straight swap.  Doable though with the right amount of money.

Or wait for the RS1 and hope they drop the 5 cylinder lump in it that's slated for the new TTRS :)

Ignoring that it's a small hatchback. I think £25k is ok for a rapid 4wd quality piece of kit.

Shark could turn one of these into an absolute weapon.

I can even forget that it's a small hatchback.

However, will it really be £25,000?  Will any come out of the showroom at that price?

I think they'll be much closer to £30k (i.e. the real 'spec' of one, not the bog standard price that nobody will pay).

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Reckon it'll be the stock GTI engine, so whacking the S3/Cupra/Golf R turbo on there won't be a straight swap.  Doable though with the right amount of money.

Or wait for the RS1 and hope they drop the 5 cylinder lump in it that's slated for the new TTRS :)

Still modding!