I bought a new A7 Black Edition today

GrahamF

I walked into my local Audi dealer last night (with no intention of buying anything) and saw this, I looked, I liked and I bought it. Simples.

I had been looking at a few A7's recently and although they were OK, they weren't saying "buy me", but as soon as I saw this one I knew that this was going to be hard to resist.

It's a Black Edition version with a fair bit of additional spec included over the normal spec including the Sprint Blue colour which I just love and had on a previous RS4 Cabriolet.

I will hopefully be picking it up next week (Saturday) as long as they can prep it time which I've been told they can so not too long to wait.

I managed to take a couple of pics on my iPhone so they're not that great but should give you some idea.

post-48066-0-07544000-1394918509_thumb.j

post-48066-0-59207800-1394918530_thumb.j

• Like 2

Looks lovely in blue!

Is it the BiTDi engine?

Thank you, it looks even better in the flesh. Unfortunately no, it's the standard 245 version but that's fine, it's still a nice engine and I could always do a mild remap should I want to but I'll see how she goes first.

Lovely!

Right ballsy statement of a car in that colour! It carries it very well with the black pack.

Exactly what I thought. It combines the elegant shape of the A7 but with the Sprint Blue and Black pack it adds that little bit of aggressiveness to it at the same time without looking wrong which it could so easily do, the 21" Rotor wheels help with that scenario as well. I'm really looking forward to stepping into that for the first time and driving it away.   :)

I think the A7 is a clear winner in the value stakes.  You get a huge amount of car for the money and it is probably the best value car from the entire Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz ranges.

Blue is a brave choice, that's for sure.  It'll certainly have a lot of road presence but it is difficult to tell from those photographs because they're so tight to the car.

The 21" wheels are superb.  The tyre prices on replacement, perhaps not so.:roflmao:+++

I think the A7 is a clear winner in the value stakes.  You get a huge amount of car for the money and it is probably the best value car from the entire Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz ranges.

Blue is a brave choice, that's for sure.  It'll certainly have a lot of road presence but it is difficult to tell from those photographs because they're so tight to the car.

The 21" wheels are superb.  The tyre prices on replacement, perhaps not so. :roflmao:+++

Thank you. I couldn't get a good shot of the car because of all the other cars around it but I stood back from it the best I could and it wasn't disappointing, it certainly is different from the normal greys and silvers. I Know it won't be to everyones choice but nothing ever is but that's what makes the world go round. Choice.

As regards cost of tyres then yes, they are going to be horrendous when it's time for replacement but I shall be budgeting for that eventuality but in the meantime - I shall enjoy!   :grin:

Love the look of the A7. Always feel like cars that look like that should have petrol engines, but I guess diesel has moved on so much now, that it's a viable alternative for something sporty.

I had the same opinion as you about diesels until I bought my existing 3 ltr A6 Le mans. Inside the car you just can't tell that it's a diesel and as regards performance then lets just say that it doesn't disappoint - well not me anyway. In a strange way this particular car looks just the way you describe, with the Sprint Blue, Black pack and 21" wheels then you just wouldn't expect it to be a diesel but as you say, they have moved on in leaps and bounds and I for one have no problem with driving a diesel now. 

Too many people go for boring colours on large cars, I like big cars in bold colours and that blue is lovely.

Thanks. As I have mentioned above, I know it won't be to everyones taste especially on a large car but to me it works and works very well with the aid of Black pack, I think if it didn't have that then it may have looked a bit too 'Blingy'.

I've never really been sold on the A7's looks, but that could well be because all the ones I've seen have been black or white.

Another big yes vote from me for the colour.

Thanks. I'll post some other pictures up once I've got it home and I can get a better shot of it.

That is a much better colour than black, grey or white on an A7.

Very few A7's aren't a colour of the above!

If you look on Autotrader all you see is grey and black with the odd white one.

Good blue!

For me, it's the 2nd best looking Audi saloony 4 door (if you see what I mean).  A8 first, as they have really grown on me, then the A7.

Hope you haggled hard with the dealer.

21" wheels - bloody hell!!!!

Edited by cruiser647

That is a much better colour than black, grey or white on an A7.

Very few A7's aren't a colour of the above!

If you look on Autotrader all you see is grey and black with the odd white one.

Good blue!

For me, it's the 2nd best looking Audi saloony 4 door (if you see what I mean).  A8 first, as they have really grown on me, then the A7.

Hope you haggled hard with the dealer.

21" wheels - bloody hell!!!!

One of the main reasons for plumping for this particular vehicle was that I got an amazing deal straight off, not being satisfied with that I got it down further by a substantial amount from that as well. It really was a fantastic deal - I couldn't believe it. The dealer was happy (they wanted to shift as many cars as possible because it's coming up for the end of their financial year) and I was very happy with the huge discount.

Yes 21" wheels, I just hope that I don't get a puncture on the first day!!    :)

As regards the A8 then for me it just doesn't do it for me, I did have a look at one when I was in the showroom but to me it's so similar to some of the other Audi shapes but bigger whereas to me, the A7 Sportsback is quite different in it's shape which I like but it's all down to individual tastes and styles - if we all liked the same thing then the world would be a boring old place.   ;)