oil level sensor problems

svizoman

2007 Audi A4 B7, 2.0 TDI, 140.000km

my low oil level warning light was constantly coming up, regardles there were enough oil. It helped a while when I disconneted the battery for a while and then reconected it. The light stayed off then a couple of weeks, sometimes even mounths.
Then I get tired of this so I decided to replace it. The OEM sensor was Hella with VW part # 06E 907 660 and Hella part # 6PR 008 079 - 05. Since price of new one at the dealer was way to high I searche Ebay and bought me some cheap china crap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121254660529?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648
I told myself let's give it a try.
I repleaced the sensor and when I turn the ignition there was no warning light, but next day in the morning when I was driving to the city some other warning came up - oil symbol and next to the symbol was word sensor. When came home I connected my car to the pc and read the fault codes it detected two faults: 005716 Please check DTC Memory of Instrument cluster, 00562 Sensor for oil level / temperature (implausible signal)

I decided to get read of this cheap china crap so I thorouly cleaned the old one (I used gasoline and air compressor to blow out oil sludge from the iside of the sensor's housing. Then I reconnected it to the oil pan and when I turn the ignition the instrument cluster middle display still reported the sensor error. Then I once again disconected the battery for few minutes and now there is no warning. Even fault codes are not comming on.

Now I am asking myself, was the cheap china crap ok but just needed a battery to be disconected or what?
Please help.