Dealing with the daughters boyfriend (paging mrme)

Andy_Bangle

You are such a sick puppy Bangle!

I loved all the military hardware on the back wall and for terrorising 16 year olds, the 12 gauge military autoshotgun with the breach beak and 15 round magazine did it for me. Adult diapers and wet wipes not included.

Haven't watched the Video, but please tell me the AA-12 Fully Auto Shotgun ala 'The Expendables' makes the list!! Has to be the most frightening hand held weapon ever produced.

Although the Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle is also quiet useful if you want to be in the next county whilst obliterating your target...

A mate of mine has a business buying and selling JCB's, Earthmover's etc. His dad started the company and had a few ways of asking people to pay their bill. One was a pump action shotgun.

One day we decided to load it up and test it in the yard out the back. Big oil can, hold in tight to the shoulder and squeeze the trigger.

****ING JESUS! This gun kicked like a mule and my ears were ringing for a week. It was so powerful, it almost made me fall over backwards. The can was obliterated and so was my shoulder. Guns are just the deadliest things going.

BT gun club, basement shooting. Rubbish 22, 38 and 45. Big ones on low charge due to environment.

22, light, easy, very accurate. They make you feel good with nice grouping. 38 you think you're a policeman and do a half job. 45 well if you hit the target the first two you'd be better than me.

Apparently I have a left, over target bias. So go right bottom fire back, and I'd be dead. I'm better with a catapult :)

Guns are just the deadliest things going.

Hmmm, I'd debate that, as they aren't readily avaiable to the sheeple, unlike motor vehicles. You can do a lot more nastiness in a vehicle than you can with a gun if that is how you are wired...

BT gun club, basement shooting. Rubbish 22, 38 and 45. Big ones on low charge due to environment.

22, light, easy, very accurate. They make you feel good with nice grouping. 38 you think you're a policeman and do a half job. 45 well if you hit the target the first two you'd be better than me.

Apparently I have a left, over target bias. So go right bottom fire back, and I'd be dead. I'm better with a catapult :)

1993, a trip to San Jose to catch up with a dear friend (Tony, now no longer with us) who took me and his son (Jason, who was 6'5" and built like an athlete, and had beautiful black skin - I had to behave myself) to the basement of the Oakland Police Department where there was a gun shop and range. He was a card carrying NRA nutter too.

I tried a lightened .45 (as Tony had been badly busted up in a car crash, so his gun was custom) that had the biggest noise and muzzle flash of anything I'd ever seen! i got maybe 5 rounds out of 15 in the centre of the human shaped paper target, the rest above and left...

Then a Smith and Wesson .44 Magnum - yes, Dirty Harry's cannon. Has enough mass I could fire it one handed, made BIG BOOM, but I wasn't that accurate with it, but the target was holy. :)

As it was the height (in Oz) of the X Files series, I was then offered Dana Sculley's weapon. Sig Sauer .41 Automatic. Well. when a police marksman comes up behind you and says "nice grouping of your shots" you know you have lived out your fantasy! +++

I then tried a Desert Eagle .50 Automatic pistol, but couldn't even get my hands around the stock! Jason reached over my head, said "out of the way tiny white person", and then proceeded to go all Hollywood gangsta and show us how it was done on the range. I think he took out everything but the paper target that was actually in front of him.

I brought back empty cartridge. cases for the .41, .45 and .44 Magnum along with my paper targets which are buried in the top of a cupboard somewhere now.

I was never interested in guns before that trip, did have fun on that trip, but the whole US attitude and the open display by so many even then (our national park rangers all look like Steve Irwin - theirs look like heavily armed Mounties) really showed me I was a stranger in a strange land. Never been interested in guns since that trip, though my dad always had a rifle, and in his last years a target pistol (in his gun club)...

Felt good to know though I could cover Mulder's ass if I was ever asked to go and seek out Aliens in a Level 6 autopsy room by Deep Throat... :)

• Like 1

I've fired a few guns, the ones that stand out are definitely the Magnum (that thing was an absolute hand cannon - you had to wait a few seconds for the smoke to clear after each shot to see whether you'd hit anything or not). Also, a Desert Eagle - which although fitted with a silencer was the loudest thing I've ever shot.

M16 - very easy to group lots of shots in short bursts at a good distance.

MP5 - inaccurate in anything other than the shortest bursts, similar to an AK47 in that anything over 2-3 shots and you're shooting sky.

SPAS-12 - brutal, absolutely brutal. How that classes as a "tactical" weapon I'll never know.

Small pistols such as a 9mm or .22 feel like toys and are so easy to use that they detach you from the experience in a worrying way.