Grand National

M8CKN

Any gamblers amongst us...with tips you wish to share?

I'll be having my annual trip to the bookies later and wonder if my usual "pin in the paper" method is just as good as any hot tip.

Vintage Star 40/1 and Mr Moonshine 28/1 are both trained by last years winner, Sue Smith who lives 2 miles from me so that is my only idea.

The Tarmac strip inside the Grand National course was the venue for my first ever motorsport event. I'll remember it with affection for that.

Those jumps were big & scary. Without all the foliage, we could see the hard wooden posts inside them. Definitely not the place to go off :uhoh:

Each way, we've got 10 horses..

Double Seven

Colbert Station - both chosen because the first is A P McCoys ride and the second was the horse he declined in favour of it, both of which he said were very strong contenders.

Teaforthree - current favourite

Tidal Bay

Mr Moonshire

Monbeg Dude (purely because Carberry is riding it and McCoy said it was another strong runner)

Battle Group

Hunt Ball (another McCoy said was a very good price for what is a strong horse)

The Package

And our rank outsider, which I've managed to draw in our little sweepstake at home, Kruzhlinin at 100-1.

p.s. the grand total of £50 in total, of which the biggest possible return is £312.50 if Hunt Ball wins (and £216 if Colbert Station wins).

Edited by NewNiceMrMe