Aventasourous propostasaurous

Woppum

No taste some people, my poster of the 70s was a 512BB curves rather than angles, angles look mean curves look lusty.

The stealth fighter look belongs in sky and IMHO curves just look nicer.

Yes Chri5, but considering your age would I be correct in saying you had to replace your Penny Farthing poster to put the Ferrari one up? :bike:

• Like 1

I had a Porsche 959 picture on my wall, the Lambo was like a dinosaur by then, never really seen the attraction but then I've never been one for old cars its the new ones that tend to appeal to me. 

I think many forget how bad a Lambo was in the past, and how few they sold and how badly they were made. Its all well and good saying wow look at that but if it was a dog to drive and live with nobody would by them especially today. 

I had a Porsche 959 picture on my wall, the Lambo was like a dinosaur by then, never really seen the attraction but then I've never been one for old cars its the new ones that tend to appeal to me. 

I think many forget how bad a Lambo was in the past, and how few they sold and how badly they were made. Its all well and good saying wow look at that but if it was a dog to drive and live with nobody would by them especially today.

Nobody cared how they were made or how many they sold. They were mental and looked like nothing else.

All the best supercars, were terrible to drive, see out of, would kill you in an instant BUT could pull birds from a mile away. What else is there?!

I think that was then and this is now. 

People won't tolerate this now. Cars are expected to start in -20, +40 and not leak in a storm or lose power and not start when its damp regardless of looks. A car needs to go on thousands of miles of winter testing hot weather testing and reliability checks to go on sale. Its the likes of Audi that are able to fund this for Bugatti, Lambourgini and Bentley otherwise they would all probably not exist today. 

TVR anyone?

I understand your point, but, to put things in perspective, every car in the 70's was sh1te by todays standards, by the standards of the time they were built in, Lambo's were actually pretty good in terms of build quality and reliability.

If you want to see an exceptionally poorly built car even for it's time, look at any Ferrari that pre-dates the F355, peel the surface off and they are epically poorly built.

Indeed, I remember reading the F40 vs Mclaren F1 and Mclaren saying that if they had anyone that welded as bad as they they would have been sacked. :grin:

I guess I'm the age of the Diablo as my first poster Lambo now that was a great car but still very big and not as lithe as some of its rivals. 

Funnily enough, while I'm not a huge fan of what Audi have done with Lamborghini, and I still love the Countach for, well, everything the Countch is, I never liked the Diablo, not one bit, I think it was the lowest point of Lamborghinis history.

If you want a wide car, try driving a Testarossa, they are wide, obviously, but the cabin design, mirrors etc just make things worse, a chap I used to know sold his because it such a pain in the arse to drive in that respect.

It was epically fast (for it's time), he took me out and did 165mph (on the speedo so probably a bit less) on a length of road I'd have been lucky to crack 90mph in my heavily tuned Alfa Sud that I had at the time.