Speeding query

Tricky1

I drove 327 miles last night in 6 hours and 7 minutes, much of which wasn't helped by 50 minutes stuck in traffic on the M25.

However, the journey would have been much faster were it not for the following:

1.  The 50 mph limit mentioned above that is completely pointless

2.  The 50 mph zone for 27 miles in the Midlands with average speed cameras, narrow lanes and long, long stretches (10 miles or more) with no road workers in sight.  27 miles at 50 mph in those lanes is not only painful but also downright dangerous.

3.  The A1 being shut at Wetherby with no notice, for roadworks, adding another 15 or so minutes to hop 2 junctions on the back roads.

4.  The 50 mph limit north of Northampton for about 2 miles, the purpose of which I simply cannot fathom (average speed cameras).  I might have my location slightly out and maybe it is much further North or even South, but all I do know is it is another example of lunacy

5.  The amount of people who go through a 50 mph zone at 40 mph.  Why?  You've gone from a 70 mph zone to a 50 mph zone, and you do 40 mph.  I don't get it.  Do 50 mph or feck off and get a bus.

6.  The people doing 40 mph on the M1 in the 70 mph zone.  Maybe they were the same people mentioned in point 4?  Joining the motorway this particular vehicle created havoc.  Sure enough it was a 90-something looking old woman who probably shouldn't even be on the road.