The shit wagon

Calm Chris

Manual 6 speed, 150 bhp petrol, 4 wheels.

I bought a Honda from the guys I sold my car to. It's a FRV Sport.

It carries stuff and gets parked an inch away from anything. Most panels are marked and I'd guess its had one side re sprayed, and not quite blended, at some time.

It's quite a hoot joining the masses of don't give a shit (it's London) style of driving.

Sad I know, but being squeezed, being cut up, stupid drivers, taxis, buses et all are now totally not an issue. If you see me coming move, because I won't :)

Wifey has commented that it's the most relaxed drive I've ever had. The swear o meter hasn't moved from zero

All seats can fold flat, it's a mobile bed. With the 3 + 3'seating when the back is in load mode I can still have 2 passengers up front. The car is no more than a hack, but it is the hack with a crack.

It's fast enough for town, cheap enough to not give a toss, has 52k miles and is an ex family bus. The 3+3 seating with staggered middle is cool, everyone enjoys the three seats upfront.

The column shift is okay and took 10's to get used to, the column handbrake is an odd thing, but works.

There's pictures in the gallery, but since you can't post those into a thread hard luck :)

Here's a net nick of the interior layout.

post-5924-0-93408000-1399639718_thumb.jp

Really surprised there aren't more 3x3 cars out there - both the Multipla and FRV looked like the ideal solution for a large number of families.

I suspect because cars like the Espace, Zafira, Galaxy etc offer greater practicality without the off putting extra width.

Zafira still has a bit of a boot, not a big one mind.

In my opinion, the Espace/Galaxy/Sharan etc are easier to drive, because they aren't any bigger than a normal Mondeo/Passat, and the extra width of the Multipla and FRV can be quite unnerving from the drivers seat, especially for the school run mums.

Also, you don't really want to be sitting next to the little f*ckers while they fight and whinge, so the back is the best place for them!

Edited by Tipex

Liberating isn't it

My xfr had picked up random scratches, a couple of dents and carelessly I curbed 2 alloys, along with struggling to find a safe place to park it that had plenty of room and putting 15k miles on it a year I finally caved in a bought a prius as a commuter car.

My wife works for toyota so dirt cheap (used of course not spending more than I have to on a works car piece of shit) at 40-45p a mile it covers a lot of its costs and depreciation saved on high mile-ing the xfr and fuelling it it's actually cheaper to run it alongside. Mrs gets a company rav4 but annoyingly cannot put a dog in it or a bike.

It's liberating driving something you don't have to worry about. Now the plan is to chop in the xfr for something more hardcore. Whilst is has ballistic pace it's weight can be felt chucking it into bends so I'm really hankering after a boxster spyder

Liberating isn't it

My xfr had picked up random scratches, a couple of dents and carelessly I curbed 2 alloys, along with struggling to find a safe place to park it that had plenty of room and putting 15k miles on it a year I finally caved in a bought a prius as a commuter car.

My wife works for toyota so dirt cheap (used of course) at 40-45p a mile it covers a lot of its costs and depreciation saved on high mile-ing the xfr and fuelling it it's actually cheaper to run it alongside. Mrs gets a company rav4 but annoyingly cannot put a dog in it or a bike.

It's liberating driving something you don't have to worry about. Now the plan is to chop in the xfr for something more hardcore. Whilst is has ballistic pace it's weight can be felt chucking it into bends so I'm really hankering after a boxster spyder

Edited by OldSkoO1