The FIFA World Cup 2014

NewNiceMrMe

Things you should never say on Twitter:

"How is Bale not in the England squad?"

Some poor, poor, poor girl named Emily now experiencing what it is like to be the author of a trending topic and be the recipient of enough abuse to last a lifetime.

• Like 1

Things you should never say on Twitter: "How is Bale not in the England squad?"

Some poor, poor, poor girl named Emily now experiencing what it is like to be the author of a trending topic and be the recipient of enough abuse to last a lifetime.

The power of Anti-Social Media !!

James, I don't think the squad is the main issue.  It's the style he has them play.

There is a complete lack of creativity.   We are one of the most awful teams in the world to watch.  The way we whimpered out of Euro 2012 to Italy, with no attacking will whatsoever was just unforgiveable.  Since then we've changed nothing.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I have this sneaking suspicion that Roy is just going to go for it at this World Cup. He must know that we won't win anything with containment football. Nor probably with any other type of football, admittedly, but at least go down all guns blazing.

• 1 month later...

So....

Croatia were robbed blind.

Brazil are a bunch of diving cheats, the referee caved in under the pressure of the crowed, awarded a penalty that was never a penalty, disallowed a goal that was clearly a goal, and then failed to send off Neymar.

An absolutely terrible refereeing start to the tournament.  I have a horrible feeling we'll see a lot more of this in Brazil's favour...

• Like 1

I think Brazils performance last night will give their upcoming opponents some unexpected hope, I think they didn't look anything special at all.

Today I got Italy in our work sweepstake, £150 prize..conflict for tomorrow!

I agree.  I thought they were exactly as I expected them to be - over-rated.

I'll admit I can't stand them.  They get away with murder, their manager is a tosser, Neymar and Fred are blatant cheats and why the world seems to love them I'll never know.

I shall be actively supporting every single team they have to play.

Thought Croatia looked reasonable in the first half and had a few quid on them as they're odds were far too long based on the game I was watching. Then the ref stepped up to the plate and I lost a few quid.

Not the most auspicious start to the world cup. Actually thought it was quite a boring match, the most exciting bit was thinking that one of the lobbed bottles might hit Adrian Chiles.