The best road test... ever?

Rachel

I hope he doesn't get into any trouble for that. Openly admitting gunning it, regardless of not mentioning the speed; I'll bet some sad feck will point at reckless driving or whatever.

Good test though - I'd have liked to see a braking comparison for perspective.

Edited by Andrew

It looks like it comes from out space from some angles, a really bold design to my eyes very impressive. 

I don't think it sounds as good as the LaFerrari but for everything else it seems to be easily as good and for some things even better, a top result McLaren made a car with soul and that soul is a touch of the devil. +++

I don't like it!

It looks far to stiff for UK roads. The styling is ill proportioned. The noise is hmmm.

LaFerrari looks, to me more interesting, sounds better and is probably more usable on the road from what I have read.

The 918 despite potentially being the slowest, would probably be the nicest to live with.

Not that any will ever be used as daily drivers ( though I would love it if someone did ).

On track, I bet the P1 is the best, but why not buy a GT3 race car or an LMP2 car, and really enjoy your track time.

Of course my opinions are based on nothing more than 3rd hand words and subjective hunches.

• Like 1

Yeah the ride surprised me as the 12C is excellent compared to many a supercar and in other tests its been mentioned about how well it rides but it does look a bit firm but not silly firm. 

As for the GT3 etc. I presume for many an owner the just want to show off and driving a race car on the road just looks silly really and I bet many owners will have both if they want to. 

many an owner they just want to show off and driving a race car on the road just looks silly really

This does make me laugh when I come across it.  Especially if I happen to be towing the Caterham in a fully stickered-up ready-to-race state :coffee:

Towing it back from Snet last year, when I reached the M25 I came across a collection of Civics, must have been some kind of club run as they were all customised to the teeth, slammed, tiny wheels, hugely undersize tyres, baseball caps the wrong way etc etc.  

They were not happy when, while they were driving flat out, engines screaming at their new top speed of circa 55 due to all their mods, I breezed past in the Disco at 60, towing a race car, pointing at them and wetting myself laughing :roflmao:

• Like 3

The F1 made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up the first time I saw it. This P1 doesn't do anything for me. Really wanted to like it, and I'm sure it's mighty impressive, but it's just lacking something that I can't put my finger on, a certain wow factor. I genuinely think I'd rather have one of the last Zonda's.

• Like 1