Potentially buy this on Saturday, any pointers

AZURES3

Out of interest, whilst I know you're an Audi customer, have you considered looking at a 5 or 3 series?

The interiors and tech are a mile ahead of Audi in my opinion for the model/year car you're looking at and you'd get a nicely specified vehicle too.

Agreed. There are some STUPIDLY cheap 5 Series contract hire deals about as well.

I was an Audi fan until I got the 6. Wife's new Q5 is good as a family wagon but a p1ss poor drive with annoyingly offset pedals.

4 years ago will have been before the new interiors too.  The entire range has had a complete interior overhaul since then and it is very impressive in all models.

I guess if boot space is the issue then it's not one that can be overcome.  We had my E46 M3 Coupe with a collapsible pram in it 10 years ago though, no problem at all.  If the the A6/5 series are too big for her than that's a real shame.  I find the 5 is a car the shrinks when you drive it and feels a lot more compact than it is, but that's not going to help if your wife still thinks it is too big a car.

Oh well, good luck anyway.+++

The technology in the A6 is very good and no doubt where the next A4 will be next year when it's update with the new model.

If we want more space and technology then the A6 is best. I am less worried about non Quattro in the A6 as it's heavier and not really the sort of car to push too hard more to mind motorways. I think the A4 would make a nice car but less toys and smaller boot, drove a 177 non Quattro one and is did quite well unless very wet and applying lots of power.

Looked at the 5 series but not keen on the dashboards and discounts are as good.

I couldn't wait to get out of my A6 and into something else the BMW GT is a world of difference but you obviously seem hell bent on a Audi and Audi and nothing but an Audi.  :grin:

I'd get the A6, you won't have the old model as the A4 isn't that far off being changed and you will have more kit and toys, hell its even as efficient for the economy as the smaller A4 as well. 

But go on just have a drive of a BMW you won't regret it, go on they don't bite you know. +++

• Like 1

Not me if I recall correctly.  Twas' Mook.  I pointed out to him that it was a 7 series... +++

Could be wrong and happy to admit it if I was.  Besides, I think it was a rear view only and from that angle they do look similar (barring the chrome strip of course).

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

I do struggle to tell the difference as they come alongside/past me.  They seems VERY similar in shape and are much closer in size.  Of course the previous 5 was very distinctive compared to the 3!

From the front, it's easier, but once debadged it's the double exhausts on the 5 (even the 520, which previously only had 1 single oval) that help distinguish them.

Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

A6

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=791795&vhl=604385995

I need to decide what size car we really need and if I really need Quattro with only 177BHP on tap in the A4. My big concern is the future value in 3-4 years I suspect the A4 will be worth more ?

That A6 is a lot of car for the money.  If you can live without quattro I don't think there's anything wrong with having the entry A6 - that one is good spec!  Its no wonder the manufacturers are churning out such great finance deals on new cars - they HAVE to when you can buy at this price 8 months old.  It's a big car as mentioned above - it's hard to believe those are 19s at first glance - the wheel arches are huge

Personally I'd go for an A4 Avant but hey I'm doubly biased.  I prefer the Avant boot, much more practical, plus I find estates easier to see out the back of than saloons (parking, reversing etc).  More interior space without the bigger footprint of the A6.  The A4 quattro in S line spec with tech pack is a great workhorse and I can certainly recommend one