If I went to the Croft race on 19 / 20 July, how many of you lot would want to come?

patently

Jimdiesel, Eldavo & Mrme, good to see you all. Sorry we left early but 2 wet kids and me in shorts wasn't ideal.

At least Eldavo found a new friend, the guy who was the fireman in corrie :roflmao:

Patently, sorry we didn't get to speak as you were preparing for your race but the kids and I enjoyed it immensely, thanks very much for the ticket +++

• Like 3

Well that was, umm, wet. :roflmao:

And excellent.  Good to meet M8CKN (and his boys) at last too. +++  Also good to catch up with eldavo, Jim and of course patently again.

A huge thanks to patently for allowing LittleMissMe to stand on the car exhaust. :roflmao:

Sorry, I mean clamber in through the top of the car and look decidedly like she didn't want to get out. +++

She quite liked the P1 too.

My god did I get drenched though.  LittleMissMe fell asleep within minutes of getting into the car and I then had the joy of waking her up at the Metro Centre and then informing her the film she wanted to see wasn't on until, umm, tomorrow...boy did that go down well with a sleepy girl. :roflmao:

Joking aside from our comments on patently's early brushes and scrapes, there was one hell of a lot of skill on display today.  Watching from the stand as he rounded the corner at the end of the first straight, and seeing just how many adjustments he was having to make to stay on track, was very impressive.+++

Edited by NewNiceMrMe
  • Like 1

I'm still miffed that littlemissme got considerably more chips than I did :(

And I laughed when the woman at the burger van gave Jim a 1/4lb burger when he ordered a 1/2lb one. "Do I look like a 1/4lber kind of guy?" He asked.

There was some great close racing with a few thrills and spills on track and the odd one in the grandstand too ;)

• Like 1

Haha. :roflmao:

I have tried telling her to say as she finds, but I will admit that I did think she could have been slightly more diplomatic yesterday at times. :roflmao:

Telling you that you shoud have read that sign was quite a moment, but equally matched by agreeing with your protest at the volume of chips by chirping up with "Yes, haha, I got lots more than you".

Then as you tried (ever so well I must add) to describe not winning the TV show, I did find her "well at least you didn't come last" comment somewhat too swiftly delivered. :roflmao:

She also aided Michaels pre-race nerve control by saying "so, are you nervous?". :roflmao:

You probably heard her displeasure at not being able to buy a Croft hat too....

"Where is all the merchandise?"

Not stuff. Not shop. But merchandise. :roflmao:

That said, you didn't help by latching on to the fact that she will ask a question without hesitation when you told her to ask Jim where he was a month ago. :roflmao:

Edited by NewNiceMrMe
  • Like 1

Incidentally, she's now told me she wants to go to all the events there. She raised a very good point in doing so by saying "I imagine it's much better when you know someone who is taking part and can support them, like today.".

I think she's spot on with that.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe
  • Like 2