If I went to the Croft race on 19 / 20 July, how many of you lot would want to come?

patently

I was surprised at just how many supporters of racers were there.  It was very obvious in the main stand.

I knew I should have brought the umbrella's out of the car though.  I almost got squished by a woman driving a Ford Fiesta on my walk back to the car.  She drove past within about an inch of my left arm.  She was so close that the two blokes walking towards me, further to my right, said "Mate, I don't think she even saw you - you're lucky to be alive."  It was one of those moments I didn't think a great deal of at the time and just laughed it off, but in retrospect I think they were correct.  I'm pretty sure she'd just not seen me because of the rain.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Oh no MrMe, did you get wet? That must have been uncomfortable. Wait til you see the video (if you can make anything out amongst the grey murk we were driving through) :roflmao:

It's sunny here now. Suddenly the paddock is full of race suits hanging out to dry from yesterday. We're hoping it holds :grin:

Glad you all enjoyed it. I'm pleased I came, now, Croft is a great circuit even though the hairpin is a **** to get round quickly. Yesterday's race was good fun, I couldn't keep up with the lead group but left my usual pack behind. Made for a somewhat lonely race after about lap 3 or 4 but that gave me an 8th place so no complaints. And everyone finished intact despite the conditions, which is great.

Fingers crossed for this afternoon.

• Like 3

Did that all too many times on my one & only track day there, but yes agree with you Mr P, it is a good circuit.

Especially love the Chicane just before the back straight when you get it right.

Well done for finishing 8th.

• Like 1

We were getting instructions from the pit wall marshals to turn our lights on.

Bit scary looking at the water buildup in front of the rear wheel in the last shot.  They were meant to be my dry tyres... it was when we started the race :wacko: