FFS car salesman

AZURES3

You don't. But it's 12 years old, and relatively cheap.

I wouldn't knowingly buy a daily rental car.

But who's says it's been a daily rental, you know as a fact?

BTW, I'd rather a nearly new car with a 2+ year warranty, than a cheap old car that will cost a shedload to put right, should something go wrong.

So it could have been a rental car with 4 or 5 companies then? :roflmao:

Well, I did enough due diligence on it to know it wasn't.

The trouble with daily rentals (which it seems the car in question has been, unless proven otherwise) is that often the problems only come to light once the warranty has run out.

The 5 series isn't rare, so why even chance it?

The trouble with daily rentals (which it seems the car in question has been, unless proven otherwise) is that often the problems only come to light once the warranty has run out.

So in around 3 years.

After which he'll be offered to extend the full warranty for about £650.....

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Is there someone on here, that can do a bit of HPI type sniffing on the car?  Owners and all that?  PM him and see? 

BUT if you do buy it, you won't be happy with that in the back of your mind now.  Anything that happens, even a slight squirm on a damp road will get you wondering if it should do that, or if it's becuase it 'might' have been abused.

Go find another - IF the above applies.

And with the next car you find, you still won't really know if it's been abused by the MD's son/driver/car washer/airport valet/servicer!

See, I don't read anything to be too concerned about.

If the car was dinked and scratched to hell, maybe.  They're the tell-tale signs and we all know that.

But it is immaculate.  It is also a bloody bargain for what he's getting.  A 2014 model 5 series, in M Sport spec (big difference to SE) with full warranty remaining and 5 year servicing pack?

Just buy it (but do what I said in my PM before signing.  It always works. :roflmao:). +++

Spoke to the salesman again today and he has confirmed there is no way of confirming the exact use but due to the condition of the tyres having 6mm front and 5mm rear, although these could be new tyres but unlikely on 9000 mile car ? It appears this was more likely a long term lease of a car that one of the managers used at Scot Group. I guess I could call them but they are unlikely to confirm.

I guess a few things come to mind

1) Is there going to be any BMW 520D M Sport at 9 months old that hasnt been used by a fleet customer or dealer demo car.

2) It has 27 months warranty left and I can extend past 3 years  this for £495 per year.

3) The tyres have 6mm front and 5mm rear so either they are newish or the car has been driven as the body condition suggests.

4) Would Sytner be provided a car from BMW HQ where they bought it from with major issues that would get through theirs and the 150 point check at Sytner.

5) Service package until 09/18 included

6) All other 2014 cars are about £1k more priro to any deals but dont have the colour/options combination

7) Scrap the idea and buy the A4 2.0TDi Quattrol Sline we tested.

Sounds more like a long time lease but how does the inside of the boot look ? daily rentals tend to have a harder time with luggage being put in and out and possibly an area the dealer wouldn't spend a lot on to tidy up ?

Er my run flats didn't last for ever, got about 14k out of them then ditched them and got normal tyres, massive improvement to the driving of the car, quieter, gentler ride, less tramlining on the motor way.

They can't be the originals.  Or if they are, I don't know how.

The 5 series comes with Bridgestone RE050A's as standard.

I've done 16,000 miles and mine have got masses of tread left in them (granted it is almost all motorway miles which is a lot easier on them).