Le Mans 2014.

Luke

:grin:  Did someone mention Le Mans? That'll be a yes - doing the normal leave early Thursday for Eurotunnel and return Monday after lunch +++

Am heading down with a few old TSN'ers - JHT, Smudge, Lagoo, Shark and the Scottish gang to the fantastic Team Langoustine campsite just inside Tertre Rouge - stories and photos of drunken foolery to follow...

:grin:  Did someone mention Le Mans? That'll be a yes - doing the normal leave early Thursday for Eurotunnel and return Monday after lunch +++

Am heading down with a few old TSN'ers - JHT, Smudge, Lagoo, Shark and the Scottish gang to the fantastic Team Langoustine campsite just inside Tertre Rouge - stories and photos of drunken foolery to follow...

Returning Monday?  Christ that's a bit laid back for you Baz?!?  :P

Smudges B8 RS4 looks stunning.   +++

I'll be cheering on Audi for my gran who worked for Audi for a few years before she retired.  She passed away last Sunday, so this years is going to be a bit emotional

I must admit after years of caravanning and camping and using Silverstones wonderful facilities, I do like my creature comforts. They're better than they used to be but that's not saying much. I need a motorhome.

I'm surprised you've been allowed back after previous years ;)

Ahem, yes - its been a couple of years (2012 was Michelin and 2013 White Rabbit Racing) but now back with Team Langoustine hoping they have forgotten the chaos *we* caused - it should be ok, I don't think anyone has the same set of wheels...

Anyone see the pic's from Duval's accident? the R18 is a write off but luckily he's okay after the 250km/h smash.

He's done quite a lot of damage to his leg, apparently, so it looks like he'll miss the race even if Audi put the car back together.

The session was red flagged until they can ensure the track is safe again; the crash tore the catch fencing right off the wall, so that needs to be rebuilt before they can resume. There's Audi debris on both sides of the fence.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/live/en/  - live streaming and timing +++

http://www.radiolemans.com/

HKmkTyO.jpg

n36hk2R.png

C12NxKB.png

Edited by Andy_Bangle

At 17h05, today Wednesday 11 June, the No.1 Audi left the track at very high speed at the Porsche Curves, at Marshals Post No.131. The incident occurred during the free practice session for the 82nd edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Conscious, the driver was taken into the care of the ACO’s Medical Services, extracted from the car to an ambulance and then immediately transported to the Le Mans’s Centre Hospitalier where he will undergo further examination.

His condition is encouraging.

They're building another car.  They have a spare tub with them and they're going to build a car around it using the spare parts they have.

Before the race.  Build a car. 

Bloody hell, even I didn't build mine that quick :eek:

Official Audi statement says a couple if grazes. Amazing given the speed of the accident.

Audi are currently rebuilding the No1 car and expect to qualify and race. The driver line up hasn't been confirmed.

There have been 4 red flags so far. Hoping this is not going to be an indicator of the weekend to come.

Edited by jimdiesel