Boxing thread

Soulboy

Fair enough, I go EJ by KO round 8-9

I think it has the makings of a classic and we might see if EJ has a good a chin as his marvellous Pater, a boxer who I loved too watch

Looking forward to this fight more than the AJ v Whyte contest TBH as after much consideration I suspect that AJ is going to have him out of there pretty quick

Isn't his dad going back in the ring with Benn or was that IACGMOOH hype?

No, it is serious.

They're trying to arrange it as both have agreed to do it.

They've actually been talking it about it for the past few years anyway.  I think Eubank going into the jungle was just well timed and perhaps the best thing for making it happen.

The problem is that they're now friends, regardless of what you might read on social media.  It is well known that Benn is a very different guy these days (very religious indeed) and I don't think it'll last long at all.  Eubank could probably walk into a ring with anyone tomorrow and last 12 rounds.

I don't know anything about Gary O'sulllivan, so can't make a prediction.

However Eubank Jr looks a potential class act. Excellent physique and determined. Fast hands too.

His footwork was a bit wooden early fights imo, too linear. He wasnt getting angles needex with more lateral footwork.

Difficult to judge against BJS, as it's more about getting the lead foot outside opponents fighting a leftie, so footwork changes.

So he seems very much a work in progress to me. Potentially superb.

Will look forward to see how he goes on.

Edited by Soulboy

I was certainly right on the last prediction.

You certainly were +++

I just hope that Fury gets to win SPOTY purely because of the controversy it will generate, the media fallout would be epic

I almost cant help thinking that Klitchsko threw the fight as he was so bad it was just unbelievable, he never threw a decent shot or a single right hand all night, I can actually see him KO'ing Fury in the rematch

Biggest hope for Saturday is that kevin Mitchell wins and gets a shot at Crolla, as his last fight was a cracker and he showed a lot of heart fighting on as he did with that closed eye

There's more than enough media fallout already, thanks. He's managed to get into some story or other just about every day since the fight.

I hope he says and/or does something stupid at the spoty event just to prove to a couple of million more viewers what a massive no good bell end he is.

Edited by garcon magnifique

Do the public vote for SPOTY?

If so, it may be the lowest % of votes ever I reckon for TF.

I stopped watching pro boxing for many years and lost all interest. Mainly because of Watson and McLellan.....but also because of all the corruption.

I still far prefer the Amateurs tbh.

Do the public vote for SPOTY?

If so, it may be the lowest % of votes ever I reckon for TF.

I stopped watching pro boxing for many years and lost all interest. Mainly because of Watson and McLellan.....but also because of all the corruption.

I still far prefer the Amateurs tbh.

Yes. it is a public vote that takes place during the show itself.

Apparently you can register now to vote during the show.  :wacko:

He'll get a smattering of votes. Would be nice if he comes last. Could be awkward if he and Jess are in the top three and have to share the stage...

You only need a BBC website ID which I already had.  I voted for the Overseas Personality last week (voting was already open on that).  I went for Djokovic.

• 1 month later...

De Mori - one of the worst performances I have ever seen on TV (nothing away from David Haye, he's a fair old size now!).

I have seen Amateurs of only 6 months experience have more idea than that. He may as well have just stood in the middle of the ring with his chin out.

Mori still had 24 KO's out of 30 wins and only 1 defeat.

Not a top quality opponent, but Haye looked fast, big and strong.

It still takes a lot of power to shift a bloke in 2 minutes and 49 seconds in the way Haye did.

McGuigan is the factor in his return.  Much more aggressive tactics and he won't play the Boring Adam Booth role (soooo predictable).

The problem now is finding people to fight him.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Apparently big Dave says his shoulder's ok.

I should ****ing hope so. I've put my shoulder through more of a work out eating pizza.

His new shoulders are about the size of someone's thigh!

Loved how his opponent baited him on the ropes. Then just stood there, without any defence or even head movement.

And immediately got knocked out. Unsurprisingly!

Edited by Soulboy

Here is the 'full' fight for anyone who missed it (only a couple of mins).

https://youtu.be/ds0FPgmuXi4

De Mori was 'trying' to defend on the ropes in a Philly Shell/shoulder roll style (low lead hand/weight on back foot/lead shoulder rolls punches/holding the phone rear hand guard).

Appallingly bad execution.

This is how it's supposed to be done by the bigger guys. Just compare the head movement if nothing else.

https://youtu.be/ghp2UgJWVhc

And yes, he did do it for money. But could easily be in a coma now.

Anyway.....Haye is looking awesome. A monster. Looking forward to his next fights!

Edited by Soulboy

• 4 weeks later...

Go watch the video on Sky's website of Wilder meeting Fury last night. :roflmao:

Hope that match happens, but I have a feeling Fury isn't going to be holding on to the title for too much longer

Haye is an awkward position as who is he actually going to fight?

He has no belts and can basically knock anyone out now, given his new punching weight

The only fight that makes sense is AJ, that would be a massive crowd puller,but Hearn is not going to make that match anytime soon, nothing to gain and everything to lose for his Boxer

Fury doesn't want to know and why would he?

Dave is in limbo land and unfortunately that is probably where he is going to stay for the forseeable

The real burning question:

Quigg or Frampton?

Quigg for me