What bike for 2015?

Busby

Lovely lovely lovely!

Get a tail tidy quick though ;)

Thanks mate - tail tidy is in the garage awaiting fitment  :)

After taking the top of the tail section off and seeing a combination of no room and a lot of electronics, I have decided that the dealer can do it for me at the first service  :unsure:

• Like 1

Oh yes. That is a rude bike. Well done +++

Whats it like to ride ?

Thanks mate.  Not done many miles yet but first impressions are that it's incredibly light at turn in.  So much so that it will take some getting used to.  A few times I have tipped in only to pull back up slightly as it feels as if it is going in too tight!

It doesn't seem to like being below 3/4k revs either.  Seems a bit lumpy down there which means going down to first approaching islands and the like.  I spoke to another person who'd ridden one today and he hadn't had that so it could well be something that will be mapped out very soon.

Even with the standard can the noise is incredible.  You can feel the back pair of cylinders thumping as you build the revs too as they are pointing right at you  :)

Very nice  +++

Be interested in a mini review once you have one  :)

Thanks Scotty.  I do some impressions when I get to the first service at 500 miles.  +++

Is it a laptimer/mode button next to the horn?

No, it's a switch for adjusting the traction control settings on the fly.  It's a rocker with a minus on the other side which allows you to increase/decrease the level of interruption. 

There is a lap timer though and the starter button is used for toggling between Track, Race and Sport modes.

I rode some more today and found that by riding in track or race things are a lot smoother because the level of engine braking is wound down in those modes.  The engine braking in Sport mode is huge which made low revs/low speed travel difficult, requiring super accuracy with the throttle and making it impossible to do any cornering off throttle.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Done!  I should have filmed it from the back so you get the full impact but it gives you some sort of idea as to what it's like.

I'll post up the tunnel run and some fly-by vids when I get them done  :)

• Like 2