Should Patently be allowed the M on 18 - 30?

E-bmw

Mr P's car for 18 - 30  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mr P be allowed to bring the M?

What you've got to ask yourself is whether the car is in the spirit of an 18-30 trackday. Ultimately uts not about people applying pressure on the not-organisers, it's their call whether they think it is.

Rich has already said he trusts P on track - it's not about that though.

If it wasn't patently who turned up, would it still be in the spirit of 18-30? If the answer is yes, then it's not an issue. If the answer's no, then you know what the answer is +++

• Like 1

I'm very flattered, but this sums it up:

What you've got to ask yourself is whether the car is in the spirit of an 18-30 trackday. Ultimately uts not about people applying pressure on the not-organisers, it's their call whether they think it is.

It's for Motorpunk to decide, & I'll happily abide by their decision. After all, it's not like a "no" rules me out of the day completely :grin:

I am torn. Much as I'd like to see the M in action, and it would be absolutely hilarious around Blyton, and much as I genuinely think it is a cool and interesting car, I'm not convinced it really meets the spirit of 18-30. It's not as if there is a need to dilute that spirit to make up the numbers. Alcoholic analogy entirely unintended, honest.

I say bring the other two to Blyton and take the M to Curborough. +++

I thought P said in the other thread it was 17 years old (not his example, the model).

Wiki suggests 2002 which makes it 13, so no, I've changed my mind, too new.

But then I don't really think the Caterham qualifies either personally, yes you might technically be able to trace it back to the stone age, but it's a completely different engine, box etc now.

That's beyond jailbait.  :o

Quite, yes, that would rather be.

However:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z4_%28E85%29

The first-generation of the BMW Z4 was designed by Danish BMW-designer Anders Warming from mid-1998 to March 1, 2000

1998 to 2015 = 17 years.  And as we know, Wikipedia is always right :secret: